- 8 ounces pad thai noodles
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 Serrano or Fresno chili, sliced thin
- ½ cup Magical Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup shallots, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- Roasted peanuts
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Put the noodles in a large bowl and cover with very hot water. Let soak for about 5 minutes, or until they just soften.
- Drain the noodles thoroughly, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, chilies, lime juice and zest.
- In a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and heat for 90 seconds.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Plate, and top with peanuts, cilantro and and serve with lime wedges.