Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 1 hour 15 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Yield: about 5 cups
• ½ cup MagicalButter, (plus 3 tablespoons for roux)
• 3 cups homemade chicken broth
• 2 cups (8 ounces) grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, plus 4 ounces for garnish
• 16 ounces frozen broccoli flowerets
• 1 cup milk
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 3 tablespoons organic all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons organic flour
• 1 tablespoon minced roasted garlic
• ½ teaspoon smoked paprika or to taste
• ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder, or to taste
• pinch cayenne pepper, optional and or to taste
• 4 ounces cheddar cheese
• 4 ounces cooked broccoli florets
1. In a large sauté pan on medium heat, add the onion and ½ cup of MagicalButter, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, in a small sauté pan on medium heat, add 3 tablespoons of MagicalButter and the flour, and cook until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes). Remove the pan from heat, and set it aside.
3. Place the MagicalButter-onion mix, roux, and the rest of the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid.
4. Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F; then, press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
5. After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Pour your Broccoli Cheddar Soup into a serving bowl, garnish, and enjoy!