Brownie Love Tart
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-45 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 2” x 2”/5 cm x 5 cm square
Yield: 16-20 brownies
• ⅔ cup/160 ml MagicalButter or MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• 3¼ cups/770 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup/240 g sugar
• ½ cup/120 g baker’s flour
• 3 tablespoons/45 ml heavy cream
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml instant espresso coffee
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml pure vanilla extract
• 3 extra large eggs
• ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml kosher salt
1. Melt the MagicalButter/MagicalButter Coconut Oil in a double boiler.
2. Add 2 cups/475 ml of chocolate chips, and gently stir until the chocolate melts.
3. Set the mixture aside to cool completely.
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
2. Butter and flour a heart-shaped tart pan (if you have one).
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, coffee, and vanilla at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Slowly stir the melted chocolate into the egg/sugar mix.
5. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt; then mix in ½ cup/120 ml of the chocolate chips.
6. Reduce the mixer speed to low; then add the flour mixture into the batter, ⅓ at a time, mixing until everything is well combined.
7. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan, and bake it for 25-45 minutes, depending on the size of your pan. The center will puff up, nearly doubling in thickness.
8. Cool it to room temperature before removing the sides of the tart pan.
9. In the double boiler, create a ganache by melting the remaining ¾ cup/180 ml of chocolate chips with the cream, stirring until smooth and shiny.
10. Drizzle the ganache over your Brownie Love Tart. Slice, serve, and savor!
If using a large cookie-style pan, bake for 17-20 minutes.
If using an individual/muffin-size brownie pan, bake for 25-30 minutes.
If using a 9 inch/23 cm heart-shaped or 8 inch/20 cm square pan, bake for 35-45 minutes.