Chicken And Broccoli Cheesy Pasta
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 cup/240 ml
Yield: 8-10 servings
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
• 1 pound/450g pasta (such as Barilla Protein Penne), cooked just before al dente and set aside
• 1 pound/450 g boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
• 1 cup/240 ml organic milk
• ½ cup/120 ml white wine (or lager beer)
• ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth (preferably homemade)
• 8 ounces/225 g broccoli florets, cooked and chopped
• 4 ounces/115 g extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 4 ounces/115 g Gruyère cheese, shredded
• 4 ounces/115 g pepper jack cheese, shredded
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml organic flour
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml cream cheese
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 shallots, minced
• ½ large red onion, finely diced
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml flour
1. In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the MagicalButter.
2. Add the breadcrumbs, and stir for 1 minute. Then add the parmesan cheese, stir, and remove from heat. Set the pan aside until just before baking.
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
2. In a large pot of well-salted water, boil the pasta until half-cooked (about 4 minutes). Strain, and set it aside.
3. In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat your MagicalButter for 30-45 seconds.
4. Add onions and shallots, stirring over medium heat until they’re golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Add garlic, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Add the wine and chicken broth, stir, and cook for 2-3 minutes; add milk, and whisk thoroughly.
6. Slowly add the cheeses, one at a time, constantly whisking them until fully incorporated into the sauce (about 2-3 minutes).
7. In a large bowl, add pasta and ¾ of your cheese sauce. Stir until the pasta is completely coated; then fold in chicken and broccoli.
8. Pour the pasta mixture into a glass casserole baking dish. Then top it with the rest of the cheese sauce, coat it with breadcrumbs, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
9. When time is up, remove from the oven and plate your Chicken & Broccoli Cheesy Pasta, and enjoy!