Chocolate Chip Croissant Pudding
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Yield: about 20 servings
• ⅓ cup Magical Coconut Oil or MagicalButter
• 12 small croissants, preferably stale (left out overnight)
• 2½ cups half-and-half
• 1 cup cane sugar
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• ¾ cup heavy cream
• ½ cup salted caramel sauce (optional)
• 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
• 7 large egg yolks
• 2 large eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Place all the ingredients except the croissants and chocolate chips inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid.
3. Push the Blend/Clean button. When this short cycle is complete, you’re ready to assemble your pudding.
4. Cut the croissants into pieces about 1 to 2 inches in size. Place half of these into the bottom of your 10-by-13-inch baking dish. Top them with half the chocolate chips; then, add half the custard mixture. Repeat the process; then, gently push the floating croissant pieces into the custard mixture to soak. Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
5. Bake your covered pudding on your oven’s center rack for 45 minutes. Then, uncover and bake it for an additional 40-45 minutes.
6. Let your Chocolate Chip Croissant Pudding cool slightly, and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!