Cream of Asparagus Soup
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 cup/240 ml
Yield: About 6 cups/1425 ml
• 6 tablespoons/180 ml high-potency MagicalButter, melted
• 2 cups/480 ml homemade chicken stock
• 12 ounces/340 g fresh asparagus, rinsed
• ½ cup/120 ml heavy cream
• ¼ cup/60 ml shallots, chopped
• ¼ cup/60 ml finely grated Parmesan, garnish
• 2-3 large garlic cloves, chopped
• ¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml salt
• ⅛ teaspoon/⅔ ml ground white pepper
• 1 leek, white part only, well rinsed, chopped
1. Cut 1 inch off the ends of the asparagus and discard. Cut off the tips of the spears, and set them aside. Chop the rest of the asparagus spears into 3 segments.
2. Place the ingredients in your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
3. Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
4. After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Pour your Cream of Asparagus Soup into a serving bowl, garnish, and enjoy!