Creamy Caramel Apples
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 20 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: ½-1 apple
Yield: about 6 apples
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter (plus 1 tablespoon/15 ml for the bottom of the apples when cooling)
• ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Vanilla Tincture
• 1 cup/240 ml sugar
• ½ cup/120 ml brown sugar
• 4 ounces/120 ml heavy cream
• 2 ounces/60 ml light corn syrup
• 2 ounces/60 ml honey
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml pure vanilla extract
• 6 apples (red delicious or Granny Smith), washed and dried, with stems pulled out
• Chopped toppings of your choice
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, and butter the area where you will place the apples to cool off.
2. Push the popsicle sticks into the apple tops where the stems were.
3. Stir the MagicalButter, vanilla tincture, sugars, cream, corn syrup, and honey in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Insert a candy thermometer. Heat the mixture to 240ºF/115°C, remove it from heat, and stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Once the caramel has reached the desired temperature, pour it into a bowl. Dip the apples into the caramel as much or little as you prefer, to achieve the desired coating thickness.
6. Place your Creamy Caramel Apples on the buttered parchment paper, and add your favorite toppings.
7. Refrigerate them for 1-3 hours, and enjoy!