Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 piece
Yield: about 24 caramels
• ½ cup MagicalButter
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup heavy cream
• ¼ cup light corn syrup
• ¼ cup honey
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla bean paste or extract
1. Place all the ingredients except vanilla extract into a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture for 2 minutes.
2. Place a candy thermometer in the pan, and heat to 250°-270°F, depending how hard you want your caramels (a lower temperature produces softer, chewier candy).
3. Once the caramels have reached desired temperature, remove your pan from the heat; then add the vanilla, and whisk for 10 seconds.
4. Pour the caramel mixture into a glass measuring cup, then quickly into your molds.
5. Refrigerate your Creamy Caramels for about 1 hour, and enjoy!