Dee’s Carnival Nuts
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 3-4 ounces/85-115 g
Yield: 15-20 servings
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Tincture
• 4 cups/950 ml powdered sugar
• 1 cup/240 ml roasted pistachios, shelled
• 1 cup/240 ml roasted almonds
• 1 cup/240 ml roasted cashews
• ⅔ cup/160 ml orange blossom honey
• ½ cup/120 ml sugar
• ½ cup/120 ml brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons/45 ml fresh ground cinnamon
• 1½ tablespoons/25 ml pure vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon/2½ ml kosher salt
1. In an extra large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add all nuts and cook until a slight char begins to develop.
2. Add MagicalButter Tincture, and cook for 3 minutes; then add oil, reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
3. Add sugar, brown sugar, honey, salt, and 2 tablespoons/30 ml of cinnamon, and stir continuously while cooking until the sugars dissolve and create a caramel.
4. In an extra large steel salad bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the rest of the cinnamon; then put on your LoveGlove.
5. Swirling the bowl in a circular motion, gradually add the nuts, using your gloved hand to press the caramel nuts into the powdered sugar mix, continuing until all the nuts are covered.
6. Allow Dee’s Carnival Nuts to cool, and enjoy!