Farmer’s Pie (Turkey or Chicken) Shepherd’s Pie
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: N/A
Yield: 8-10 servings
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• 1½ pounds/680 g organic ground turkey or chicken, 95-99% lean
• ½-¾ cup/120-180 ml white wine (of your preferred type for drinking)
• ½ cup/120 ml chicken broth (preferably homemade)
• ½ cup/120 ml frozen organic peas
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml Worcestershire
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh rosemary, finely chopped
• 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cloves garlic, roasted and crushed
• 2 carrots, peeled and diced
• 1 medium onion, diced
• Pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil for 30 seconds. Add onions, carrots, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add wine. Cook for 5 minutes, continuing to stir; then add tomato paste, Worcestershire and broth. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add turkey, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the frozen peas; then pour the mixture into a baking pan, and top with roasted garlic and rosemary potatoes. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Remove your Farmer’s Pie from the oven, serve, and enjoy!
Chef’s Note: This dish tastes fantastic topped with Giddy Guinness Gravy!