Flyin’ Fish Tacos
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 taco
Yield: about 8 tacos
• ¼ cup Magical Olive Oil, plus 2 tablespoons
• 1 pound white flaky fish such as mahi mahi or orata
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
• 1 jalapeño pepper, coarsely chopped
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 8 flour tortillas
• Crema Mexicana or sour cream
• Lettuce, shredded
• Pico de gayo
• Feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a mixing bowl, pour ¼ cup of the oil and the chili powder over the fish filets, and toss gently, using your hands. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. In a sauté pan over medium, heat 2 tablespoons of Magical Olive Oil.
3. Place the fish in the pan, and sauté until brown on both sides (about 10 minutes), turning once.
4. Divide the fish among the tortillas, garnish your Flyin’ Fish Tacos with any or all of the garnishes, and enjoy!
As additional garnishes, try chopped green onions, red onions, cilantro—experiment!