Foolproof Pie Crust
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: Varies
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: Varies
Yield: 2 pie crusts
• ¾ cup MagicalButter, very cold and cubed
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• ½ cup ice water
• ⅓ cup vegetable shortening, very cold and cubed
• 1 tablespoon kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Add the flour, salt, and sugar to a food processor bowl. Quick-pulse 2-3 times, just to mix.
2. Add the MagicalButter and shortening, and pulse until butter is reduced to the size of peas.
3. Turn on your processor, and slowly add the water.
4. Once all the water is added, pulse just until the dough begins to form a ball.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl, and place it on a lightly floured surface. Cut it in half, and shape each half into a ball, one for the top of the pie and one for the bottom.
6. Cover the dough with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll out your dough into the desired shape, and brush it with water to seal it. Cut vents in the top to allow steam to escape, and you’re ready to bake your Foolproof Pie Crust!
Bake time will vary according to the size of, and the filling inside, the crust.