Fresh Tortellini w/ Pomodoro Sauce and Banging Basil Pesto
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 cup/240 ml tortellini, ½ -¾ cup/120-180 ml sauce
Yield: 6-8 servings
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Olive Oil
• 1 can whole San Marzano tomatoes (about 28 ounces/800 g)
• 1 pound/450 g fresh handmade tortellini (we recommend Buitoni)
• ⅓ cup/80 ml Banging Basil Pesto, plus 2 tablespoons/30 ml for garnish
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml aged balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml dried Italian herbs
• 8 cloves garlic, minced
• Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan set to medium, heat the oil for 1 minute.
2. Add garlic, and salt and pepper to taste; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add balsamic vinegar and dried herbs; cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour tomatoes into a large bowl, and crush them into small chunks, either with a potato masher or by hand; then add them to the saucepan, and bring them to a slow boil.
5. Add pesto, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring regularly.
6. In a large pot, bring very salty water to a boil.
7. Boil the tortellini for about 5 minutes, or until they float to the top.
8. Strain and plate your tortellini, top with sauce and drizzled pesto, add shredded cheese if desired, serve, and enjoy!