Giddy Guinness Gravy
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: ⅓ cup/80 ml
Yield: about 2 cups/480 ml (6 servings)
• ½ cup/120 ml Magical Butter
• 1 bottle (11.2 ounces/330 ml) Guinness Draught Stout
• 1 cup/240 ml onion, chopped
• 1 cup/240 ml homemade chicken stock (or beef or vegetable broth)
• ¼ cup/60 ml heavy cream
• 4 teaspoons/20 ml organic flour
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml Vegeta Seasoning®
• 2 teaspoons/10 ml strong Dijon mustard (like Maille or Colman’s)
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh ground pepper, plus more to taste if needed
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml pink Himalayan salt, plus more to taste if needed
• 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
1. Into a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the oil, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook until the onions develop a golden color, about 7-10 minutes.
2. Add the flour to the mix, and cook until for 3-4 minutes, constantly stirring.
3. Place the oil/onion mix and the rest of the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
4. Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
5. When the cycle is completed, pour your Giddy Guinness Gravy into a suitable dish or gravy boat, serve, and enjoy!
Giddy Guinness Gravy should be refrigerated, and used or frozen within 7 days.