Green Goddess Gazpacho
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: 1-4 hours
Serving Size: 6 ounces/175 ml
Yield: about 5 cups/1185 ml
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped; then split 90/10 (into portions of about 3¼ cup/770 ml and ¼ cup/60 ml, the smaller amount finely diced and set aside for garnish)
• ½ cup/120 ml seedless watermelon or cantaloupe, diced
• ½ cup/120 ml assorted fresh herbs, loosely packed (I use basil, chives, mint, cilantro, and Italian parsley coarsely chopped, plus ¼ cup/60 ml finely chopped for garnish)
• 2 scallions, coarsely chopped (white and green parts)
• 1 piece (½ inch/1 cm) fresh ginger root, finely chopped
• 1 large clove garlic, coarsely chopped
• ¼ cup/60 ml plain low-fat Greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon/2½ ml freshly ground black pepper
• ½ teaspoon/2½ ml jalapeño hot sauce
1. In a small bowl, stir together crab or shrimp, ¼ cup/60 ml of chopped cucumber, ¼ cup/60 ml of herbs, and salt. Set it in the refrigerator for your garnish.
2. Place the remaining chopped cucumber, scallions, herbs, ginger, garlic, MagicalButter Coconut Oil, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and yogurt into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
3. Press the Temperature button, and select No Heat; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
4. When the cycle is completed, transfer the soup into a large, airtight container, and refrigerate it for 1-4 hours.
5. Introduce the watermelon or cantaloupe into the soup. Hello!
6. Divide your Green Goddess Gazpacho evenly among 4 chilled bowls. Top each with a dollop of crab/shrimp mixture, finish with a flourish of diced cucumber garnish, and enjoy!