Heady Bacon Mac & Cheese
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
Yield: 8 servings
• ¼ cup MagicalButter, plus 2 tablespoons
• 8 ounces macaroni
• 8 slices bacon, cooked and finely chopped
• 3 cups milk
• 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
• ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
• ½ cup cheese crackers
• 2½ tablespoons flour
• 2 jalapeños, chopped
• 1 pinch paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the macaroni according to the package directions, and strain it thoroughly.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the ¼ cup of MagicalButter.
4. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to the roux slowly, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in the cheeses, and cook over low heat until they have melted and the sauce is thick and gooey.
6. Add the chopped bacon and jalapeños, and stir.
7. Put the macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour the cheese sauce over it. Stir well.
8. In a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of MagicalButter. Crumble the cheese crackers, and cook the crumbs to a toasty brown.
9. Spread the crumbs atop the macaroni and cheese, and sprinkle with paprika.
10. Bake your Heady Bacon Mac & Cheese for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, serve, and enjoy!