Homemade Magical Mayo
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons/30 ml
Yield: about 1½ cups/355 ml
• 1¼ cup/300 ml MagicalButter Olive Oil, divided
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml white wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml mustard powder (we use Coleman’s)
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml Kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon (2½ ml) cane sugar
• 1 egg (organic or pasteurized)
1. Place the egg, ¼ cup/60 ml of olive oil, mustard powder, and salt in a mixing bowl, blender, or food processor, and mix thoroughly.
2. While the food processor or blender is running (or while mixing in a bowl with a handheld blender), slowly drizzle in the remaining cup/240 ml of olive oil.
3. After you’ve added all the oil and the mixture has emulsified, add lemon juice to taste, and mix for another 15-20 seconds.
4. Keep your Homemade Magical Mayo refrigerated.
If your Homemade Magical Mayo is too thick, add a little water while mixing; if too thin, add a little more oil while blending. Either way, add only a few drops at a time.