Key Lime Cookies
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1-2 cookies
Yield: about 50 cookies
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter or MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Tincture
• 1½ cups/355 ml all-purpose flour
• 1½ cups/355 ml sugar
• ½ cup/120 ml confectioner’s sugar (for decoration)
• ¼ cup/60 ml organic apple juice
• 1 egg
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh squeezed Key lime juice
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml Key lime extract
• 1 tablespoons/15 ml lime zest
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml lemon emulsion
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
2. Heat the MagicalButter Tincture in a sauté pan over medium-low heat until most of the alcohol evaporates (about 15 minutes).
3. Add Key lime juice, apple juice, Key lime extract, ¼ cup/60 ml of sugar, and lemon emulsion. Heat and stir the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved, and set it aside to cool.
4. Mix the MagicalButter Coconut Oil, sugar, egg, and yolk in a stand mixer for 1-2 minutes or until smooth in texture.
5. Add the lime zest and the MagicalButter Tincture/extract syrup, and mix for an additional 30-45 seconds.
6. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl.
7. Slowly add the flour mix–1/3 of it at a time––to the wet mix. When all the flour has been added, mix for 1 minute.
8. Using a tablespoon, form dough balls spaced about 2 inches/5 cm apart on a cookie sheet, and bake them for 20 minutes.
9. Remove your Key Lime Cookies from the oven, allow them to cool, and enjoy!