Magical Alfredo Sauce
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 4-6 ounces/120-175 ml
Yield: about 4 cups/950 ml
• 6 tablespoons/90 ml MagicalButter unsalted sweet butter, plus 2 tablespoons/30 ml more, room temperature
• 2 cups/475 ml heavy cream
• ½ cup/120 g grated parmesan cheese
• ½ cup/120 g asiago cheese
• ¼ cup/60 g romano cheese
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml of flour
• 2-4 large cloves garlic, minced
• ½ teaspoon/2½ g white pepper
1. Mix flour and 2 tablespoons/30 ml of softened MagicalButter with a spoon to make a roux; set it aside to thicken the sauce with later.
2. In a medium saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the rest of the MagicalButter for 1 minute.
3. Add the garlic, cream, and white pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly with a whisk for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the parmesan cheese. Stirring constantly, simmer the sauce for 2-3 minutes or until it has thickened and become smooth.
5. When the sauce has thickened, add the asiago and romano cheeses. Continue to simmer, stirring constantly with a whisk until smooth.
6. If your sauce is thinner than desired, whisk in the roux from step 1, and continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes. If thicker than desired, add more cream or chicken broth, and stir your Magical Alfredo Sauce to reach the desired consistency.
You can top your dish with shrimp, crab, or grilled or blackened chicken. For crab alfredo, simply add claw or lump crab meat to the sauce just before serving. Enjoy!