Magical Jack’d BBQ Sauce
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 2-3 tablespoons/30-45 ml
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter or MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• 2 cups/475 ml Magical Ketchup
• ½ onion, minced (about 1 cup/240 ml)
• ½-¾ cup/120-175 ml Tennessee whiskey
• ½ cup/120 ml packed brown sugar
• ⅓ cup/80 ml cider vinegar
• ¼ cup/60 ml tomato paste
• ¼ cup/60 ml Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml Adobo seasoning
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml chili powder
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml McCormick Chipotle Seasoning
• 1-2 tablespoons/15-30 ml liquid smoke flavoring
• 1-3 tablespoons/15-45 ml hot pepper sauce, or to taste
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
1. In a large sauté pan on medium heat, cook the onions for 5-7 minutes; add the garlic salt and Adobo seasoning, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
2. Now add the onion/MagicalButter mix and the rest of the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
3. Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
4. That’s it! Your MagicalButter machine will do the rest of the work, leaving you with a silky, delicious BBQ sauce that is super easy and very versatile. Once the cycle is complete, pour your Magical Jack’d BBQ Sauce into a container, and enjoy!
Give your BBQ a spicy spin—try adding a few of these special ingredients to create Asian, Jamaican, or Memphis/Kansas City versions!
Asian: Add ¼ cup/60 ml pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon/15 ml soy sauce, 1 teaspoon/5 ml minced fresh ginger, and 1 teaspoon/5 ml sesame seed oil
Jamaican: Add ¼ cup/60 ml mango purée, 2 tablespoons/30 ml local raw honey, and 1 tablespoon/15 ml jerk seasoning (use more for extra heat, mon!)
Memphis/Kansas City: Add ¼ cup/60 ml brown sugar, 2 tablespoons/30 ml molasses, and 2 tablespoons/30 ml Dijon mustard
Have fun—try creating your own variety!