Magical Mushroom Soup
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 1 hour
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: ½ cup/120 ml
Yield: about 4 cups
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter, room temperature
• 8 ounces/225 g baby portabella mushrooms
• 2 cups/475 ml chicken broth
• ½ cup/120 ml caramelized onions
• ½ cup/120 ml heavy cream
• 2 ounces/60 g Havarti cheese, plus 2 ounces/60g for garnish
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml flour
• 1 tablespoon/15ml of salt
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml fresh ground pepper
• ½ teaspoon/2½ ml truffle oil
1. Mix 2 tablespoons/30 ml of MagicalButter with the flour to create a roux. This will thicken your soup.
2. Place all the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
3. Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C. Then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
4. When the cycle is finished, decant your Magical Mushroom Soup into a serving dish, garnish with sautéed mushroom slices and a drizzle of truffle oil, and enjoy!