Magical Poached and Broiled Asparagus
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: N/A
Yield: makes 4-6 servings
• 4 tablespoons/60 ml MagicalButter
• 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears (2 inches/5 cm cut off bottoms)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme
• Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, sauté the ingredients for 10 minutes, turning the asparagus spears occasionally.
2. Remove the asparagus spears, retaining the MagicalButter in the pan, and place them on a foil-lined cookie sheet along with the garlic.
3. Place a rack in the center of your oven, set your broiler to high, and put the asparagus into the oven until a slight char develops (about 3-5 minutes).
4. Remove the asparagus from the broiler, and transfer it into a serving dish. Top your Magical Poached & Broiled Asparagus with a little fresh thyme, and drizzle the hot MagicalButter from the pan; salt and pepper to taste; serve, and enjoy!