Magical Split Pea Soup
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: n/a
Serving Size: 1 cup/ 240 ml
Yield: about 6 cups
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
• 6 cups/1440 ml homemade chicken broth
• 1 pound/450 g organic split peas
• 4-6 smoked turkey wing drumettes
• 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 fresh bay leaf
• Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a large stockpot on medium-high heat, bring the stock and the turkey wings to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Take the pot off the heat, and remove the wings.
3. Strip the turkey meat from the wings, setting it aside for later, and transfer the broth into a holding container.
4. Return the pot to heat, and melt the MagicalButter in it; then add the onion, carrot, salt, and pepper, and sauté for 10 minutes.
5. Add the broth, peas, and bay leaf, and stir thoroughly.
6. Reduce the heat to low, season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Pour your Magical Split Pea Soup into a serving bowl, top with the turkey meat, and serve. This is so richly satisfying…the definition of comfort on a cold day!