How To Make Magical Sunflower Oil
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: N/A
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: Per Recipe Request
Yield: 2-5 cups/475-1180 ml
• ¼-½ ounce/7-14 g Cannabis* per cup/240 ml, decarbed
• 2-5 cups/475-1180 ml Sunflower Oil
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml lecithin** per cup/240 ml
• Minimum is 2 cups/475 ml. Maximum capacity 5 cups/1180 ml.
1. Place the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
2. Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C. Then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
3. After the cycle is complete, unplug the unit at the outlet, and remove the head of the appliance. Put on your LoveGlove™, and pour the pitcher contents slowly through your PurifyFilter™ into a dark glass container.
*For best results do not pre-grind Cannabis. Adjust Cannabis weight according to personal preference.
**Lecithin is optional but highly recommended. Lecithin is an emulsifier used in cooking and in the pharmaceutical industry for binding ingredients in lipids (butter, oils, and fats). It helps to increase the bioavailability of plant compounds in your high-lipid infusions, intensifying the potency of the resulting extracts. Lecithin can be made from soy, sunflower, rice, or egg yolk. It is available at your local health-food or vitamin store in the form of powder, granules, or liquid. Any type is sufficient except in capsules, because they contain too many binders and fillers. Soy lecithin powder is processed to eliminate compounds that may have estrogen-like effects. Lecithin granules are made from soy powder mixed with soy oil, so they may contain estrogen-like compounds. Because liquid lecithin is three times as potent as powder or granules (it’s also three times as messy), use only 1 teaspoon per cup of butter or oil for your extractions.