Mashed Potato Waffles
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: About 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1/2-3/4 cup
Yield: About 4 waffles
• ⅓ cup MagicalButter, melted
• 1 cup mashed potatoes
• ¼ cup cheese, grated
• ¾ cup half and half
• ¼ cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
• ¾ cup all-purpose flour
• 1½ teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon fresh minced herbs (thyme, rosemary, dill, parsley)
Optional toppings: additional sour cream, chives, butter, bacon bits, broccoli in cheese sauce
1. Whisk the melted butter, potatoes, cheese, milk, and sour cream together until completely combined.
2. Add flour, baking powder, and spices, and mix thoroughly. The batter will be fairly thick; add a little more milk or flour to adjust the consistency if needed.
3. Scoop ½ cup of potato mix onto a preheated waffle iron, and spread the batter out almost to the edges. Close and cook until the waffle stops steaming and opens easily.
4. Serve your Mashed Potato Waffles as-is or with optional toppings, and enjoy!
You can do a baked potato bar-style set-up, presenting Mashed Potato Waffles alongside bowls of various toppings. This way, everyone gets a perfectly customized waffle experience!