Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Yield: 12-16 cupcakes
•⅓ cup/80 ml Magical Coconut Oil
•1 pound/450g freshly ground sirloin, 90% lean (or substitute lean ground pork or turkey)
•1 cup/240 ml onion, finely diced
•1 cup/240 ml carrots, finely diced
•½ cup/120 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
•2 tablespoons/30 ml Dijon mustard
•1 tablespoon/15 ml ketchup
•1 teaspoon/5 ml worcestershire sauce
•1 teaspoon/5 ml pink Himalayan salt
•1 teaspoon/5 ml cumin
•1 teaspoon/5 ml chili powder
•½ teaspoon/2½ ml thyme, fresh or dried
•¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml turmeric
•¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml freshly ground pepper
•4 cloves garlic, crushed
•2 large eggs
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
•½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter
•2 pounds/900 g russet potatoes, quartered
•½ cup/120 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
•¼ cup/60 ml sour cream
•¼ cup/60 ml chives, finely chopped
•¼ cup/60 ml half-and-half
•¾ teaspoon/4 ml pink Himalayan salt
•¼ teaspoon/1¼ ml freshly ground black pepper
•8 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
2. In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat ¼ cup/60 ml of coconut oil for 1 minute.
3. Add onion, carrot, and garlic, and cook for 7-10 minutes. Remove the pan from heat, and let it cool to room temperature.
4. Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly.
5. Fill each cupcake space with meatloaf mixture (for a more dense cupcake, compress the mixture).
6. Cook for 25 minutes or until the cupcake center reaches 160ºF/70°C.
- In a large pot of water on medium-high heat, boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes or until fork-tender.
2. Strain the potatoes, and transfer them into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the MagicalButter, sour cream, and half-and-half.
4. Using a hand mixer, whip the potatoes at medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until they become fluffy.
5. Combine the cheese, chives, bacon, salt, and pepper into the whipped potatoes, and mix just until everything is combined.
6. Fill a piping bag with your Loaded Smashed Potatoes, and swirl them atop your Meatloaf Cupcakes; garnish with more chives, bacon, and cheese to your liking, and enjoy!