Phenomenal Fowl Cutlets
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1 cutlet
Yield: about 6 cutlets
• ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Fresh Herb Duck Fat
• 2 cups/475 ml Italian seasoning breadcrumbs
• 1 pound/450 g boneless and skinless chicken breast, halved lengthwise
• ¼ cup/60 ml cream or milk
• ¼ cup/60 ml Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese
• 2 eggs
• ½ fresh lemon
• Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a brownie baking dish or other appropriate dish, whisk eggs and cream/milk together to make an egg wash.
2. In a separate dish, add the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, and mix well.
3. Set up an assembly line for breading the cutlets. First the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs, then salt and pepper, then a tray. Dip, bread, and salt and pepper the cutlets; place them on the tray; and set them aside.
4. In a large sauté pan set to medium-plus (not quite medium-high), heat the MagicalButter Fresh Herb Duck Fat and MagicalButter Coconut Oil for 1 minute.
5. Add 1 cutlet at a time, taking care to leave enough room that no cutlets are touching. Sauté them until a rich, golden brown color emerges on each side.
6. When the cutlets are finished cooking, place them on a plate with paper towels.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste; squeeze the juice of the ½ lemon over the cutlets and let them sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.
8. Serve your Phenomenal Fowl Cutlets with sautéed broccoli rabe, and enjoy!