Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3½ hours
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 8 ounces/225 g
Yield: 6 servings
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Fresh Herbed Duck Fat
• ¼ cup/60 ml MagicalButter Tincture
• ¼ cup/60 ml high-quality Cannabis, decarbed and finely chopped
• 1 fresh boneless pork loin, 3 pounds/1⅓ kg
• 1½ pounds/680 g center-cut bacon
• ⅓ cup/80 ml basil pesto
• ¼ cup/60 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
• ¼ cup/60 ml fresh oregano, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh rosemary, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh thyme, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml pink Himalayan salt
• 2 tablespoons/30 ml fresh ground pepper
• 10 garlic cloves, minced
1. Preheat your smoker or oven to 250°F/120°C.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the duck fat, pesto, oil, garlic, and herbs.
3. Using an extremely sharp knife, carefully unroll the pork loin.
4. Once your pork loin is rolled out about ½ inch thick, rub on the entire herb/oil mixture.
5. With a meat needle tenderizer or forks, go back and forth over the meat, using a repeated stabbing motion to tenderize it; fold it in half, and repeat the process. Flip it over, and repeat the process again.
6. Weave raw bacon strips into a bacon blanket for the pork loin.
7. Place the pork loin on the bacon blanket, and roll it into a log.
8. Truss it (tie it with butcher’s twine), and rub all the excess herb/oil mixture into it. Cover it in a triple layer of foil.
9. Bake the Porkchetta in your preheated smoker or oven for 2½ hours.
10. Open the foil to expose the top half of the pork. Drain half the juice and fat; then return it to the cooker for 1 hour to crisp up the outer bacon.
11. Remove your Porkchetta from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes before slicing it and serving your lucky guests! Enjoy!