Red Pepper Bacon Jam
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Yield: about 3 cups
• 6 tablespoons MagicalButter
• 1½ pounds bacon, sliced
• 2 tablespoons clarified bacon fat
• 1 onion, diced
• 4 large garlic gloves, crushed and chopped
• 4 Fresno chili peppers, diced
• 2 red bell peppers, diced
• ½ cup chicken broth
• ½ cup sherry wine vinegar or apple cider
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, fry the bacon until it’s crispy. Then, place the bacon on paper towels, and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat.
2. Add the MagicalButter and bacon fat to the pan, and heat for 45-60 seconds.
3. Add the peppers and onion to the pan along with the salt and pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook another 10 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, and sauté another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Place all the ingredients inside your MagicalButter machine, and secure the lid.
6. Press the Blend/Clean button, and listen for 1 short blending burst. (This mini-cycle prepares your sauce to cook evenly.) Then, press the Temperature button, and select 160°F; then, press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
7. When the cycle is finished, your Red Pepper Bacon Jam is ready to enjoy!