Steamed Sticky Buns
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 2 buns
Yield: about 24 buns
• 6½ tablespoons MagicalButter
• 5⅛ cups bread flour
• 11 fluid ounces whole milk
• ⅓ cup sugar, granulated
• 2 packets active dry yeast
• ½ tablespoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, gently warm the milk until it reaches 110°F; then, remove it from heat.
2. In a stand mixer bowl, add the yeast and milk, and whisk thoroughly.
3. In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the MagicalButter to 105°F.
4. Pour the flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder into a wire colander, and sift them thoroughly.
5. Place the dough hook onto your mixer, and set the speed to low. Add the flour mix, 2 tablespoons at a time, and mix it for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the dough from the bowl, and knead it for about 1 minute; then, roll it into a large bowl and let it rise for 30 minutes.
7. Once the dough has risen, roll it out until it’s ¼-inch thick, then punch with a 3½-inch ring mold to form buns. Lightly spray them with oil, fold them into miniature taco shapes, and then gently roll them.
8. Place the buns into a bamboo steam basket, and let them rise for another 30 minutes. Steam your Sticky Buns for 5 minutes over boiling water, serve, and enjoy!