Sticky Icky Wings
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1¼ hours
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 4-6 wings
• 2 pounds/1 kg chicken wings
• 4 tablespoons/60 ml olive oil
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml garlic, granulated
• 1 teaspoon/5 ml kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon/2½ ml pepper, freshly ground
• ½ cup/120 ml MagicalButter Coconut Oil
• ¾ cup/180 ml Sriracha hot sauce or gochujang (Korean-style red chili paste)
• ¼ cup/60 ml raw local honey, plus more for drizzling
• ¼ cup/60 ml soy sauce
• ¼ cup/60 ml mango purée
• 1 fresh lime, including zest (zest it first)
• 2 tablespoon/30 ml chives, chopped
• 2 tablespoon/30 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 tablespoon/15 ml black and white sesame seeds
1. Place all of the ingredients into your MagicalButter machine, and secure the head.
2. Press the Temperature button, and select 160°F/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
3. When time is up, your sauce is ready!
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Put your wings into a medium-size bowl. (Your chicken wings, that is.) Add the olive oil, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
3. Place them on a large, rimmed baking tray lined with foil, and spread them out evenly.
4. Place the wings into your preheated oven, and bake for 45 minutes.
5. When time is up, carefully remove the wings from the tray, and place them into a large bowl. You will use the tray again in the next step.
6. Pour the warm Sticky Icky Sauce over the wings, and toss to completely coat them; then return them to the baking tray.
7. Broil your Sticky Icky Wings on high for 2-5 minutes to create a slight char.
8. Remove from the oven, plate, garnish, serve, and enjoy!
Chef’s Note: Be sure to have plenty of napkins on hand!