Washington Potato Skins
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Chill Time: N/A
Serving Size: 1-2 Potato Skins
Yield: 10 Servings
• ½ cup MagicalButter, melted, divided in half
• 10 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
• 5 large redskin potatoes
• 3 scallions, green parts only, finely chopped
• 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• ¾ cup sour cream
• ½ cup salsa (we recommend Slammin’ Salsa)
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Hot sauce, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Rub the potatoes lightly with MagicalButter Olive Oil, salt, and pepper, and bake for 45 minutes. While the potatoes are baking, prepare all your toppings.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven, and let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the sour cream with 4 tablespoons of the melted MagicalButter, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
5. Wearing your LoveGlove™ cooking glove to handle the warm potatoes, slice them in half lengthwise.
6. Scoop the inside, or flesh, from each potato half with a teaspoon, leaving about ¼ inch attached to the skin. (Save the scooped flesh for another use, like potato pancakes or soup.)
7. Return the potato halves to the baking sheet. Add 1 teaspoon of melted MagicalButter to the center of each one, and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Top the skins with the shredded cheddar, and bake for 7 minutes or until bubbly. Then, remove them from the oven.
9. To assemble, begin with the bacon, then a teaspoon of sour cream, then top with some Slammin’ Salsa and hot sauce to taste, and sprinkle a little of the chopped scallions over the plate.
10. Serve your Washington Potato Skins with sour cream and Slammin’ Salsa, and enjoy!