• All I can say is wow!! I just found this forum and you. I feel like life just became easier. I have a couple questions if you don't mind. I'm about to start my first soil grow. Autoflowers. I have already mixed 2 cu ft of ffhf and 1.5 cu ft of ffof. I was wondering what amendments to add to take my grow start to finish. I also seen your post about watering, and was wondering what size pots to start in, and how many times to transplant, to what size pots? Thank you for your wisdom.
    Cheers,Cannon
    Reactions: Emilya Green
    CannonTheHooper
    CannonTheHooper
    Thank you, Sooo much!!!
    CannonTheHooper
    CannonTheHooper
    Sorry one other thing would you use those nutes at 1/4th strength to start?
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    no, I do not believe in bro-science... or the science (advice) that comes from the online world. Most of what you hear regarding advice like this is simply someone trying to sound important. FoxFarm is a well developed system made to all work together to grow the best pot possible. If the scientists there wanted you to take whatever recommendations they give you and cut them down by 1/2 or even to 1/4 their recommended strength, they would have mentioned that in their extensive online instructions. The FF company has no incentive to give you bad directions, expecting you to make decisions like this on your own. If your grow fails due to their instructions, you would never buy their products again. They want you to succeed, so they publish feeding schedules that carefully adjust the strength and mix of their products depending on which week of the grow you are in. They expect you to use those values, not something that some online expert thinks is better. In my experience, trusting FoxFarms labs allowed me to grow the best pot I had ever grown to that point. My recommendation is to follow their directions, to the letter.
    Hi Emilya, I've recently been reading through all your info which is fantastic by the way. It was like a bulb flicked on in my head when reading your stuff. I believe I've been watering too often and drowning my lower roots. I'm in the stage of trying to rectify this by letting them completely dry out. The thing is they've not had anything now for 4 day and don't think they will have dried out by tomorrow either. Do you suggest pouring 2 cups like I've seen somewhere in one of your replies evenly over the top or just preserving with nothing till they are completely bone dry. I'm 5 weeks in with stunted growth and yellow droopy leaves in 15 litre pots? Any advice would be great and I really appreciate all the info you give out. Thanks again
    Reactions: TurboBucket
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    Hi Weston86, and yes, I would recommend after 5 days, giving a little bit of water to the top set of spreader roots. I would suggest no more than a quart, the goal being to feed the top set of roots only, to about 3 to 4 inches deep. This will quickly be drawn up into the plant and will not contribute the the level of the water table down below. Continue this every 5 days until the lift method informs you that the water weight is now gone from the container. At that point, slowly and completely water the container to runoff, and then wait to see if you have synced up the top and the bottom yet. As soon as your complete wet/dry cycle has approached 5 days, you will be able to stop this 2 stage watering and from then on work with the wet/dry cycle of the container. Glad to see those light bulbs come on in response to my writing! Let me know when this new method solves your droopy yellow leaves problem!
    W
    Westone86
    Thank you again. Your awesome
    hello, Just wanted to give you a update, after I transplanted my plants they still are showing some signs of burning. It has just started looking burned on the next set of leaves. The new growth still looks healthy and good. I just transplanted them late friday evening so it's only been about 3.5 days. what do you think? Thanks
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    Unless you transplanted into some very hot soil or compost, it is very rare for this to burn the plants. I think I want to see a picture of this before I comment... it sounds like there might be something else going on.
    Thank you, unfortunately I had the 3 gallon pots already and I got in a hurry because I wanted to get these plants up potted before they went too far south. I am not really worried because these are some seeds a friend gave me to hone my growing skills before I transplant my "good" seedlings that I ordered from the seed bank. Not saying these babies are not good, they are a strain a friend crossed with higher cbd but I am really looking forward to my fem. seedlings coming along. I have some pics of them right before transplant but I do not know how to send them?
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    you can't send pictures on profile postings. 3 gallon is not a huge crisis, just water carefully for a while until you get the roots to spread out.
    pointer80
    pointer80
    I will post in my original post. thanks
    Hello, do you think I will be OK up potting into three gallon pots or should I go into one gallon pots? Also should I use Mycorrhiza when I transplant? Thanks.
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    Yes, always add myco around the old rootball as you add it to the new soil to promote root growth into the new areas. I recommend going to the 1 gallon stage first, this is not a race. Your goal is to then fill up that gallon container with roots while being able to closely monitor the wet/dry cycle. When that container gets to the point that it can drain the container in 24-48 hours, it will then be time to once again triple the space around her and move up to 3 gallon with yet another infusion of fresh nutritious soil around them, and more myco. Successive uppotting gives you much better chances of proper nutrition and root growth than just suddenly putting them in a container too large right in the beginning. Lots of people believe that autos should not be transplanted, but I totally disagree with this lazy practice and loss of water cycle control.
    Hello emilya, Thanks for the help with my grow, I definitely know you are a experienced and active grower! I have read several of your post. I welcome any and all help you have to offer. Also thanks for what you contribute to the forum!
    Hi Emilya, Buds Buddy from Cannabis.Com. Thought I'd try this site you recommended. Looks pretty kool to me. Lot's of topics you don't see on other sites. I've got some reading to do ...lol. Just wanted to say Hi & Thanks for introducing me to this site.
    Take Care & Happy Growing.
    Hi emilya. Well i cant get wappa to stop yellowing and ive doubled her intake of nutes a week now. Am i missing something here. Ph is good so i no its not lockout. And shes 5 weeks into flower.
    Reactions: Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    at this stage of flower, nitrogen is not even considered a macronutrient, but it could be a lack of potassium, phosphorus and calcium. I will look at the pictures and make any additional comments necessary.
    Jayblue
    Jayblue
    Ok cause she gets 1 tbl of calmag per gallon. Should i give her a pk boost. I havent done that yet
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    see the comment on your thread... I think it is pH causing this.
    Hi @Emilya ! I’m trying to help a friend get his indoor garden set up, and I’m pretty new to this myself. He was asking about this Soil³ Organic Humus Compost Benefits | Soil³
    and i know you are highly regarded for your knowledge of all things soil. Any thoughts on the hummus compost? Thanks!
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    Hi Kenney, it is good stuff but only for what it is intended. This is not a complete soil full of minerals and other amendments that would allow a nutrient hungry blooming plant like our weeds to thrive all through the growing period. This soil would be great for the veg stage and then woefully inadequate when it came to the bloom stage. Do a search for organic living soil made for cannabis and you will see the difference just in mineral content. Organic and living organic are two different things.
    KenneyHo
    KenneyHo
    Great! Thank you so much!
    I would like to text emilya dm but dont know how
    D
    Dima159
    Waiting for ph testers, tomorrow should be here..day before yesterday i tryed morning water half litre each and evening feed, doesnt look to get better unless needs more time
    D
    Dima159
    I never had excess water in the tray, maybe i dont water them enough, but for example the top of the hydro system is always moistured, i can see it clear, and if i check inside is quiet wet as well
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    pH adjusting is very important, and you are probably way off. That will become more and more important the bigger they get. Then, you need to stop watering so often. When you do water, water them until you get about 20% runoff, or in other words, fill your drip tray. This will clear built up salts out of the canna terra mix. Then, sit on your hands and do nothing until the plant uses all of that water. You must allow oxygen to be pulled all the way down to the bottom of that container by letting the water table fall to around an inch from the bottom. You can lift the container and feel when it gets to be that light. At this point the plant will be deliriously happy and will have all of its leaves pointing up toward the light. If your leaves are drooping, you are doing something wrong, and usually it is keeping the lower roots under water that upsets our plants. You are running an interesting system... in ways it is hydro, but in other ways it must be run as if it were soil.
    Hi!! It’s a pleasure being here and there seem to be an awful lot of people willing to help. I’m on my first grow and have a question about transplanting. My 2 seeds sprouted above the soil just several days ago. I’ve been doing a ton of reading since then, and now realized I should have put my autos in a smaller pot then transplanted to the final 5 gallon pot they are in now. Is it too late to move them back in to a smaller pot, then move AGAIN back to the 5 gallon? Thanks!
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    Sorry I missed this cphil, my apologies. You probably have this resolved by now and have gotten a ton of advice on the matter. My belief is that to maximize root ball development you must successively uppot from small to larger containers, several times throughout the grow. I hope this is what you eventually decided to do, and I will see if I can look in and see if you have solved this dilema already.
    C
    cphil
    No worries, all good!! I ended up just leaving them in the 5gal pots. I read and heard back from several people that trying to transplant autos can be a little tricky and detrimental, especially with such a fast life span. I might try it in future grows, however.
    Hi Emilya great read thanks i have one question if thats ok what type of water is best i know this sounds dumb but here in Australia cant use tap water,chlorine RO is out so I'm left with rain water or bottled spring water what would you use
    VIPARSPECTRA Reflector 600W LED

Is this Led light ok for an indoor grow? Like 1x1 space (4-5 plants)
    Hi emilya I am transitioning from HID over to LED and would like to ask you for advise on what full spectrum white LED without any fans having heat sinks , would you recommend. Any help would be gratefully welcomed and appreciated.
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    I am going to stick with our sponsors for this recommendation my friend. I am convinced that full spectrum is the way to go, and for my next experiment I want to go with something like the new MARS white lights to see how much they outperform the budget lights that are now available everywhere. At some point, good engineering and experience have to come into play.
    O
    OldSchoolToker
    Tank you.
    Afternoon emilya having an issue with my one girl . Middle flowering and the lowest sets of fan leaves look like this. I was thinkin nitrogen but the stems to the leaves are purple. They just are slowly fading. Now the ph goin in is 6.2 cause the ph in this soil seems to really swing and all the nutes are in order. Every other water gets nutes and every other calmag/water. Is this the start to her falling out? Lmk what u think. Shes healthy otherwise and frosting up. Ty for ur time
    Hi emilya I'm having major probs with my coco grow heavy yellowing during 4th week flower I have underwatered alot and have wiltered twice now I am back on sced watering everyday twice but I'm wondering if I can bring it back ... I have tried to contact cult is there anyone else you can recommend I can talk to I am desperate I'm hoping I haven't gone to far and can save my plants they are still growing well but there is heavy yellowing all my pH has been on 5.8 if I water now like I was without interruption will I get a correction eventually... I'm sorry to sound desperate but I'm desperate if you can help with anything I would appreciate it
    Reactions: Orlando Scout
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    aerate the water overnight before mixing anything. If you reverse this order, the nutes will simply drop to the bottom and become useless. Mix everything up, and then adjust the pH, right before watering.
    N
    NZwarrior
    Thank you emz and Orlando u guys are awesome
    Orlando Scout
    Orlando Scout
    I agree just take a deep breath and relax you got this. Cannabis is a hardy plant that can take alot of abuse and come right back. If you stick with what people here are recommending you will be just fine and enjoying a bountiful harvest soon!!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom