• I was wondering if I could get your input on whether or not I should remove dying fan leaves in the last couple weeks of flowering? I have seen numerous arguments both ways, but I am wondering if the additional light getting to lower buds is worth the stress and energy loss from trimming leaves. I included some pictures for you to see where they are in the grow and the one with the yellow leaves is what I am asking for input on. Should I cut them off and if so, at what point? These are grown from regular feminized seeds (Crop Seed King) Bruce Banner 2.0. Week 27 of the grow and week 10 of flower. I hope it is okay to message you directly. I really appreciated the help last spring. Thank you

Hey penny wise can I ask you some questions about Coco coir and lighting?
    I want to know how far to keep a 400 watt mh lamp away from seedling/small plants?

My plants are 19 days old but growing still very slowly in Coco they are in 2l pots and most plants have roots popping out of the drainage holes.
    I noticed that some plants start to curl up their edges, they don't have taco leaves and only the edges turned up a little bit
    So I hung the light further away from around 35cm to 45cm from the tops of the plants. Maybe they are light/heat stressed and that's causing the slow growth. They have 3 to 4 sets of true leaves.

I saw you helped a lot people on cultivators Coco grow guide so I think I'm right asking you questions about Coco
    I'm feeding my plants 0.3ec calmag and 0.9-1.0ec sensi Coco grow, total ec is 1.2-1.3
    I did feed them around 200ml a day and last watering I gave them more to get some runoff to test the ec/ph.
    That is three days ago and the pots still feel heavy and I didn't watered them since.
    I saw you and cultivator said to water daily even if the coco is wet.
    I'm not sure if I should water because the last time I watered to runoff the pots were soon soaking wet and the coco also drains really poorly but my pots have more than enough drainage holes.. I think the coco has a lot of Coco dust, I did test a 0.25l pot and drained a liter of water through it and the runoff water had a lot of muddy Coco dust in it.. I think that is why they are having problems atm. I weighted the 2l pots after I drained them and the pots weighted 1.1kg and that's really heavy for a 2l pot.. I'm not sure if I should water still daily now or let them dry down to 50-70% of its saturated weight.. I hope you can give me some help

Peace ✌️
    Pennywise
    Pennywise
    Sounds like they need to be up potted. Also your EC seems high for the size of the plant.
    hey whats up man? it's been quite a while, thought i would stop by and say hi. How are things going for you?
    Reactions: warezaholic
    Fuzzy1981
    Fuzzy1981
    not bad, just getting ready for another winter, going to try growing again myself. see if i cant improve over the last harvest. im going to try to grow some seeds that i have had from 2018, they were kept in my basement at about 15 to 50 % humidity, At 58* to 75* F do you think there still viable?
    Pennywise
    Pennywise
    I’m guessing they will be, add Hydrogen Peroxide to your water.
    Fuzzy1981
    Fuzzy1981
    how much should i add?
    Hello there, my user name is Jonny Fly. No offense, but clowns give my the super creeps, lol. Anyway, I have a 5x5 grow tent with 600 watts HPS and 350 watts LED. Is this sufficient for good bud production? Two of my LED's are the type that give off a natural looking light. Most of the diodes are 3500K with 8 red diodes. They are very bright, I have to keep them about 2 feet above my girls. The third one was mostly red and blue diodes with a few cool white ones. It also has separate veg and flower switches. My girls really seem to dig it. Thanks for any advice you give..
    Do you no what is up with my plant ???
    Jonny Fly
    Jonny Fly
    Thanks for the quick responce! That's the quickest reponce I've ever experienced. Hey, whats your favorite growing medium? Soil is mine. I mean would you want to drink wine made from hydroponic grapes or grapes that have vines gowing down hundreds of feet to pick up all those minerals which give the grapes their character. That's just my opinion...
    hey penny i've just started my first grow if you could pass by it would be great :ganjamon:
    hey man you answered me on the brooklyn sunrise auto thread a while ago and you started your seed on the big pot like I did. It is my first grow and I wanted some advice to avoid overwatering the seedling and the overall water schedule through the plants life, it would be great if you could help me! thx in advance
    Reactions: Jack420
    Pennywise
    Pennywise
    You want the big pot of coco moist so don’t let it dry out. I water in a ring around the plant so the roots have to search for more water.
    Hi Penny, I just posted some recent info in my grow journal. I was hoping you could check it out. I have some questions. I started using Mega Grow and mixed it according to the direction for veg stage nutrition. I tested the Ph and it was really low, around 4.7-5.0. That has me worried, but the plants seem fine. Should I go clean with a 5.5-6.5 Ph watering next cycle? Thank you.
    Pennywise
    Pennywise
    I would try to get close to 6.0
    Hey brother I have a quick question. After I dropped that meter on my little plant the tips of the leaves are turning brown? It almost looks like to much nitrogen, magnesium or some sort of fertilizer burn almost not sure whats going on.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom