Prescription Blend

Profile posts Latest Activity Postings About

• I was reading one of your responses in a grow journal but there are soooo many. You stated that hydro growers using RO will need to use pH up and/or pH down. I am running a Supercloset system, with a few personal modifications, so I am running (sort of ) RDWC, aeroponics, drip system, bubbleponics....you get the idea. Our water in Arizona has a ppm of 800 - 900 so I am running RO. I have a 16 gallon reservoir and grow a single plant at a time which fills the ( 2 x 3 cabinet ). How much pH fluctuation should I expect, and will pH adjustments be a daily task? I typically perform a res change weekly.
    Prescription Blend
    Prescription Blend
    @Hafta to be a little more specific.. once you mix your nutrient solution the pH will settle within a few min of mixing and you can adjust it if needed. Then over the next few days the pH will rise by a few points as CO2 from the air get into the solution (this is normal) so you might mix at 5.8 and a few days later see it at 5.9-6 where the pH will stabilize until you dump it. As the plants take in nutrients, the pH can also shift up and down a little but we have designed the system to be stabile as this happens. Large changes in pH can indicate plant health issues so you should monitor it but daily adjustments should not be required.

Also, to correct something above, if you have a good quality peat media then nutrient pH does not need to be adjusted. This doesn't apply to you but I wanted to correct myself.
    Hafta
    Hafta
    Thanks, have a good weekend.
    Hafta
    Hafta
    Is there a discount code, for 420 members, I should enter into Amazon so I can give these a try?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom