• WHATS UP MEMBER OF THE MONTH, GRATZ !!!

easy one being centered around pot for the last 45 years I should know this, when does week 1 start when I transfer the 2 in seedling into its pot ?
    thx
    Have a great day
    Bill284
    Bill284
    My message disappeared? :rofl: Fek
    Some people skip the first week and then start week 1.
    I put the date I plant the seed on the side of the cup.
    In 3 months a week either way doesn't mean that much to me.
    Is it an auto you are tracking?
    Have you seen my purple pics thread.
    I use it to troubleshoot problems for people aswell as posting pics.
    Feel free to post any questions you have in there.
    That offer is open to everyone BTW.

Stay safe :cool:
    Bill
    Savvage61
    Savvage61
    soiunds better than PMing you every day sometime 2or 3. I have learned so much these last few months im driving my wife nuts talking about NPK and PPM and PH but I feel the pot I have grown is mid-grade but im not happy with that I wanna grow top shelf and you are my go-to guy. I wish the re was a way to help you the way you helped me (I know LEAVE YA ALONE LOL ) PURPLE PICS is awesome. Ill send PMs on emergency and friend talks
    Thx
    Dear friend from the Frozen Tundra How are you today ? nI have a question about fox farm sledgehammer flush

OK aFTER MY LAST NUTE BURN I am doing everything I can to make sure it doesnt happen again. I usually use 1/2 gal for feed and water thats when I staRT TO GET RUNOFF (frickin caps)) FF says double it in other words double what I would water add 2 teaspoons SH poor and forget. I do not like that Idea SOME PRETTY RELIABLE AND kNOWLEDGABLE SOURCES WHO TAUGHT ME BETTER (Thx Bill and Em :adore::adore:) apparently sledgehammer contains Yucca which breakds down salt and frees up water/air flow. after using 1 gallon I am not feeling the love of this flush in about 2-3 days when its dry. so here is my altered plan. I am going to flush with lukewarm water between !0 -15 gallons per p[lant since I have a 5-gallon pot .after the normal flush I will add SH to a gallon of PH water flush per their instruction and then let it dry and resume feedinng and watering as needed Last time I thought I knew better than the scientist/Botnis at FF I had a nightmare. so I would like your opinion on this one . I am using a lot of nutes but by the book and a little less than recommended doses. so did anything I just wrote make any sense? and do you think it is a good idea to do a normal flush and then do the FF 1 gallon flush? Thanks again for everything and all the advice I have learned so much But I better not get cocky or ill have Brown drooping plants faster than ya can saY DUMB NOOB tHX IN ADVANCE MY FRIEND
    • Thanks
    Reactions: Bill284
    Emilya Green
    Emilya Green
    I know they are trying to sell sledgehammer as an easier way to flush, but I like your idea of doing a real flush before and then using the sledgehammer as directed. It is probably overkill, but I am a little old school and I have never even been tempted to buy the sledgehammer product, because I would rather do it normal way and know that I have properly flushed.
    Savvage61
    Savvage61
    @Bill284 and @Emilya . I started to respond last night to thank you guys for your thoughts on this flush But I forget to send it, lol and man did you guys dodge a bullet I got a bag of what my son called Blue lucid for my Birthday. and he know that Im a old man and I love a good Sativa well somehow when I was writing you both I got off on some rant about how awesome 420 mag was and how much the world has changed and how growing pot would fix everything a real hippie love peace rant. when I woke up I checked my inbox Cuz I'm thinking " man if they read that their gonna think I'm some wicked crazy man space kadet so you can imagine how relived I was when I found out I forget to send it. I dont drink so I was drunk. but I was so high and going a million miles an hour cleaning the house, sweeping my tent and all kinds of chores at 2 am I google the strain this morning effects were energy, creativity, good for pain ect and under the reviews a guy wrote "this bud gave me a high like I never felt before it is the weirdest high I ever smoked. I loved it Im an old stoner and I smoked a lot of diffrent pot but nothing except the old high-grade sativias got me even close to how high I was last night, any way if ya cant tell I just did a few B's so Im gonna say thank both of you very much for your help and advice. Im going top bed so no one can see me act stupid
    Thx you all
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Omg you make me laugh. That's great.
    Wish I had some of that sounds fantastic
    I'm glad everything is going well.
    Enjoy your weekend my friend.
    Hello, Bill.
    I am rly busy irl but wanted to ask you a quick question if u dont mind.
    My outside plants are moving alot the wind is kind of strong.
    I could leave them inside behind a glass but that means shorter sun time. Maybe 3-4 hours behind thr glass and if outside 7-8 hours but the wind is strong sometimes. Maybe I can tie them? Will that help. Thanks Bill. Hope you are ok
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Good morning @Tin1017 :ciao: I'm good thanks.
    Hope your having a great day my friend.
    How tall are they?
    Do you have a journal going?
    More sun is better if possible.
    The dollar store has bamboo poles I used in the past as a support.
    Or metal plant ties work on smaller ones.
    Here is a link for the smaller ones.
    Big ones just tie up.
    But a pic would help.
    Talk soon.
    T
    Tin1017
    Thank you, Bill. Yes I do have a journal you have helped me quite alot. I will buy bamboo sticks and tie them up.
    I dont know how to send pictures here. Give me a moment till i find out. Thanks :)
    HEY BUD WHATS UP ? WOULD YOU DO ME A FAVOR fix my caps key lol naa would you take a quick look at my journals last post I been following FF by the book watering/ feeding every 3-4 days like you taught me it called for calmag 2 weeks ago would look at the image and tell me if im looking in the right direction next week fox farm steps up the NPK after my 5 week flush thx talk soon
    I FORGOT TO TELL YA HAVE A GREAT DAY :thumb:
    • Thanks
    Bill284
    Bill284
    I'll have to dig out my autographed photo.
    Neil Perart's sister lived by me, our kids went to school together.
    He gave me a bunch of shirts and an autographed pic for my 40th birthday.
    What a party, wow!
    Hope your having a great day Amigo. :thumb:
    Morning my friend from the land where Geddy Lee lives (big Rush Fan) I did as you recommended and re-read em's watering Guide and I noticed she added an addendum. and she talked about air pruning and smart pots needing water every other day. I am using those new Gro Pro warriors. I was worried because I knew overwatering was a problem in my last grow. believe me I heed your words. what I have learned is water when they water not when I want to water them. check out the pots I am using and will be doing a review on GRO PRO
    • Love
    Bill284
    Bill284
    They look fantastic.
    I think something like that for coco would be amazing.
    Your running soil I there?
    Is it part of a system?
    hey bud, how are things in the land of pissed truckers (I was rooting for em) I got 2 questions for ya
    first one I have been watering or feeding every other day I fill till I get run off an then next day they are fine following day I go down 2 in and Im dry as a bone If I wait for 3 days they start stressing so if they need it every other day I should stick with it right? I think it has a lot to do with those warrior air pots I'm using this time. does it sound like I am watering properly.

next question Im using a scrog net for the first time and am keeping everything layed out now I have a picture here in the middle is 1 4 in square I have 4-5 sprouting in one square is that ok to have more than 1 cola/bud in one square?

thanks bud you have a great day
    Bill284
    Bill284
    I don't think you are watering properly. :Namaste:
    There isn't enough time for air to get to the roots.
    The bottom roots will be mushy if you keep that up.
    Have you read Em,s thread on watering?
    You must let air into the pot.
    First net on the scrog I believe is more for spreading the garden out.
    Getting the girls to fill the outs edges of the tent.
    Then the second is more for bud placement I believe.
    Keep spreading them out.:thumb:
    How are you doing today Amigo?

Bill
    Hey bud, hope all is well up there. I got a quick question with my scrog grow should be in week 3-4 in just in the veg stage. when is the best time to defoil everything under the net?
    thx bud I gotta run hope you have a awesome, day
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Good morning Mucker, hope you are well.
    I clean out under the skirt just before flip.
    Then post stretch day 21ish or so I clean out again anything not getting light.
    Talk soon.

Bill
    hey bud hope ya had a good weekend, Im getting ready to go in and have all my teeth pulled tomorrow, getting old sucks. would you be able to give an idea of what's going on with this plant? I flushed about 3 weeks ago final flush before harvest haven't fed it anything but straight water Last week within 2 days most of the leaves turned yellow, I figured warning your close it was that pre-harvest color change and leave start dying but then it seems when the leave started to dry out instead of falling of it looked like they were burnt but I had just flushed a good flush now they are burnt down to the bud and Im clipping them to keep the dead leaves from getting into the bud here is a pic below. I really freaked out this weekend when I checked on my curing buds and they smelled like hay, you'll be proud of me I learned all about chorafil and how it will go away after they are finished curing in another 2 weeks. I let it dry is a closet without any air circulation but have already found a better way (I just thought of this I may have used about 1/3 miracle grow) is it possible that could cause it with their time-released nutes could that have caused it ? any way lemme know what ya thinbk
    • Wow
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Why would you stop feeding that girl.
    Please feed her she is starving.
    Flower nutrients asap.
    Never feed plain water.
    If you water correctly to run off each time, alternating feed, water, feed, water.
    With a good dry cycle in between you should only flush if you have a deficiency or your nutrient line calls for it.
    Then it's once 3x the size of the pot.
    Then dry then feed immediately.
    And feed until harvest.
    Don't starve her when she need nutrients the most.

Sorry about you teeth Amigo.
    I have a root canal to finish Wednesday, fek.
    Good luck, they knocking you out?

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
    Bill
    I'm using fox farms ocean forest and distilled water . The distilled water is 7.0 and the soil ranges from 6.3-6.8 is this good enough
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Good Evening @Gangamane :ciao: hope you had a good weekend.
    Sorry I'm late getting back to you, busy day.
    Do you have a journal on the go I can follow?
    If you feeding bottled nutrients in soil?
    After you added your nutrients to your water you set your ph to 6.3 exactly .
    This provides the maximum range for her to pickup nutrients.
    Don't worry about the soil ph.
    It will fluctuate as it needs to.
    Talk soon my friend. :thumb:
    IM BACK! Hey, buddy hope all is well with you and yours. Why is it as you get older that returning from a vacation requires a week to recover? I came home to a a plant that had more colas than Coke a cola (ok 4 real nice ones with some good solid sized nugs) with about 3 weeks left, my water control (which I learned from a certain 420er) has made a huge difference I'm going to update my journals between today and tomorrow when I do maybe if you have some time and you don't mind you can read and advise.
    Have a great day
    Dennis:thumb: *** GRATZ ON THE 420 PHOTO YOU DID, WIN RIGHT? u_d_man
    • Love
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Glad you had a good trip. :thumb:
    Nice to be home though usually,
    Yes Howie won, not me.
    Worlds fastest photo bomb.
    He is actually running full speed through the pic:rofl:
    Talk soon my friend.
    Good morning @7thSense hope you are well today my friend.
    What about something like vanilla extract.
    A couple drops should hide the bad taste and keep the integrity.
    What do you think?

Stay safe
    Bill
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Cool very interesting.
    There was a gentleman on here yesterday making rso, interesting process he had.
    Did you see his thread?
    7thSense
    no, where is it please?
    7thSense
    Hey Bill, hope your growing world is rockin? Ok so I have up against an interesting scenario worth some advice. So with the secondary flowering cycle of the pure Indica strain (second generation) we are into the 15th day of flower as the pics will show. What seems to be happening is I'm getting lots of quickly maturing popcorn buds on elongated branches after the stretch and not the usual densely clustered buds and colas i harvested from the first wave of flower. I'm wondering as my pot in which this plant is finishing up in is just too small and as the plant is completely root bound and has no where else to uptake any nutrients that i give her she just can't seem to bloom properly. Looking at the pot should I top dress with a mixture of soil, perlite and a small amount of compost to the brim to stimulate the mico organisms in the new medium to nourish the normal 4-5 weeks of the flowering cycle?
    Is there something else I can do to increase my yield and blow out my buds a little more even though they are already maturing as you can see from the colors and the terpene profile? I really don't want to give her anymore Canna Flores (40mil to 20lit water) as usual as I don't want to burn the canopy which is pretty close now to the GSC ES180. Right now I'm feeding her just plain water. I also noticed that my PH is quite alkaline at the moment and fluctuating around 7.2+. I have also reduced the light intensity on the ES180 to around 35% lumens. What do you think bro?
    Bill, so I have come to the conclusion that this 2nd generation Indica strain that I am now doing my secondary harvest on after I flipped them back into veg 5 weeks ago. The trichomes on these denser and smaller tight knit buds are just perky as you can get. One draw of a straight blunt and you can swim in higher flow with all around you for a good 90mins before a top us is required. The Terpene profile on this Indica strain is really stable and gets better as the buds cure in Mason jars in a well ventilated area. So...I have decided to make a CBD/THC hybrid Tincture to make available to those who are suffering mental stress and insomnia due to the spamdemic and its after shock emotional toxicity. Now I have made Tinctures before but I cannot get away from the nasty taste of the alcohol infused buds even though they have been plunged and well strained with cheese cloth. So what can you do to keep the integrity of the organic supplement while changing the taste to make it more palatable. I know some additives will affect the potency of the Tincture. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Hope your having an aweso0me 22 / 2022 (auspicious day for our species)
    7thSense
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Hey @7thSense hope you are well my friend.
    I'm afraid iv lost track of the dates of the question. :Namaste:
    I missed it I think.
    If you post in my purple pics thread I won't miss anything.
    But ratios are not my Forte.
    @FelipeBlu is a wiz at mathematics for nutrients I wonder if he could help with the mat here.
    Hey Felipe are you able to help?
    Thanks so much.
    FelipeBlu
    FelipeBlu
    I really only have a good handle on nutrients for growing cannabis. This is definitely out of my lane.
    Bill, got a question on LED lights. I bought a grow tent AC Tent so considering I been out of service for the Last 4 years, and I read here on the forum the post on LED lights and noticed "bad reputation sellers" and such. What could you suggest on a 3x3 grow tent light that will give me some use and not burn out. AC tent only has a 2x2 in stock.
    Buds Buddy
    Buds Buddy
    Hi Slipdog ! I would personally go with a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 for a 3x3 tent. I've owned at least 20 lights & found this to be one of the best. Even their newer FC 3000 Bar light isn't as good as the TSW 2000. None of my other lights have produced a bigger harvest than the TSW 2000. I pulled at least 8 oz. per plant with those. Some of my lights were over $1000 each & still didn't out do the TSW 2000.
    Just my opinion of course. I'm sure Bill will be along shortly with his reply. He's a great guy & grower.
    Teddy Edwards
    Teddy Edwards
    For LED grow lights, please check out our sponsors. They are all reputable companies. If you ask for advice in their threads in the Sponsors Forum, they'll advise you.

Please support those who support 420 Magazine and who keep this a free resource for everyone.
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Good morning @Slipdog01 hope your having a good day.
    Teddy has a good point, always support our sponsors thanks Teddy.
    And Buds Buddy has experience with that light and they are a sponsor so that's an excellent option.
    I'm a big fan of @ViparSpectra personally great products and service, excellent prices.
    The p 2000 or p 2500 would be great in a 3x3 and they will give you a discount.
    Three good choices there Amigo, check them out see what you think.

Stay safe
    Bill
    Hey @kikikopa hope your having a good day.
    I see @Backyardigan jumped in to help, thank you very much.
    Probably just preflowers as mentioned.
    What do you have your lights set too 18/6?
    As long as your girls are not getting 12 hrs of continuous darkness they will stay in Vegetative Stage.
    They won't go to full flower until you change your light schedule, 12/12

Once you change it it's imperative the don't get any light while they are sleeping.
    So make sure there aren't any light leeks.
    We are always around any time you have a question don't hesitate to reach out.

Stay safe
    Bill
    K
    kikikopa
    Thank you Bill. This issue I'm having now has reminded me of a question that I've been meaning to ask regarding the flip to the flowering stage. Based on your reply to my current issue, I think I may have answered it but would like to confirm.

So my question is:
    After you make the flip to flowering by exposing the ladies to 12 hours of total darkness, and at the point where you can see the pistils starting to develop; do you still need to continue to restrict the amount of light that they receive and if so, for how long?
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Your going to mainly grow outside?
    Your in the southern hemisphere I take it?
    What happens is when the plants get no light they start to produce a chemical inside. Can't remember the name.
    It 12 hrs to build up enough of this chemical to make them flower.
    As soon as you turn on the lights that chemical dissapears .
    So it takes another 12 hrs darkness to build it up again.
    If your outside she can do the same thing as long as she only gets sun for 12 hrs or less.
    Outside it isn't as vital but inside they need 12 complete darkness, right until your ready to harvest.
    So
    ~~
    Inside 12 hrs complete darkness no light what so ever for full length of flowering.
    Outside no more than 12 hrs sunlight for duration of flowering.
    Hope that helps.

Stay safe
    Bill
    K
    kikikopa
    Thanks again Bill. Yes, I grow mainly outdoors but in pots. After seeing Jon's 39 day wonder I have resolved to step up my game so I do plan on getting a light but that won't be for a lil' bit. What I have done in previous grows is put the pots in a total dark environment for the 12 hours minimum to flip the switch. What I wasn't sure about was how long I had to keep putting them into that totally dark environment after they've started showing pistils. Up until now and just to be safe, I've been putting them in the totally dark environment almost all the way up to harvest.
    Greetings Bill. I have a question for you sir that I hope you can help me with. It looks like I accidentally flipped the switch on my 33 day photo as I see pistils at the top. Another one of those sinking feeling in your gut moments when all I could say was what have I done now!

So my question is whether I can save the plant by reversing the flip or is it now permanently locked into flowering mode? Any advice you can offer Bill will me most appreciated.
    yo bill whats up?
    Bill284
    Bill284
    Hey how are you my friend.
    Just not feeling great today had a afternoon nap.
    How is your grow going?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom