• Hey Buddy, I've been thinking about you a lot recently and am hoping that the holidays weren't too tough to get through. :hug:
    Buds Buddy
    Buds Buddy
    Ah, I didn't really celebrate. No Tree or Decorations this year. I figured... What for? There's only me and my 22 year old son & neither of us are big on holidays. My wife was the Christmas-cy one...lol. We did go to my in-laws for all the holidays to eat with them. Hope you had some great ones! Well, time to go to work.
    Happy Holidaze to you and yours Buds Buddy! 🎄
    Buds Buddy
    Buds Buddy
    Thanks Cola ! Unfortunately, there is no "yours" anymore. She passed away last Dec. so it's just me now. Hope you & your family have a Wonderful Holiday Season ! I'm going to Sister in law's for dinner.
    Can't wait to get growing again, but this home remodel is taking way longer than expected. I might just sneak & do a single plant grow in a closet though as this grow itch is getting to me.... lol.
    Cola Monster
    Cola Monster
    Sorry to hear that brother!:( I'm all alone myself having no family (well to speak of that is) to share the holidays with which I'm used to at my age. I've always been the blacksheep in my family anyway because I grow and smoke weed so it's a blessing in disguise actually.:D
    Hope you have a great time tonight and I look forward to seeing your next grow. Take care and I'll ttyl!;)
    I use a 6 gal. Space Saver by Air Care. It does well in a 4x8 tent. Not sure how well it would work in a large shop. I only run it on low though so it might work for you on high. I'd look for a portable swamp cooler for a shop.
    Hey, I was looking at your Photo, Mars, Soil grow from some time ago. I noticed a humidifier in the pictures. Can you tell me the make and model of it? Also, did you have air exchange in/out of the tent.

The reason I ask is because I am struggling to keep RH up. None of the humidifiers I have are doing the trick. I do pump the minimum amount of air out of the tent necessary. Everyone keeps telling me to fix the RH in the room I have the tents in. Well, its a giant shop. So, that is kind of hard. Just wondering how you did it. Thanks.
    Reactions: Buds Buddy
    nivek
    nivek
    Just a note. Humidity is big. But not huge. A small humidifier to fit it the oh so crowded space already. Best you can do. I have one. Still rarely above 30 or so but grow good weed. Karma sent
    J
    jimgriggs
    I agree not huge. But I have noticed that during veg they really fly when I have it in the RH 65 range. I fight to stay above 48.
    Reactions: nivek
    I really enjoyed your post about weighing seedling soil in solos ... I did exactly that, I weighed the cup before planting and then after watering initially.

Questions if you dont mind:

Do you recommend watering when the cup returns to its "soil just taken out of the bag" weight? Or just near? I pushed a seedling to wilting just to see and the soil in the cup was still dark, so I'm trying to understand what the "dry state" of the soil thats ready for watering really looks/feels like.

Secondly, if I may be so bold, do you have a process for how much increase in fluids per plant height over time? You mentioned a shot glass every 3 days. Im assuming this is about 1.5 fluid ozs, do you up that by .5 oz per 3 days as the plant grows? Something like that?

Thank you so much, appreciate you.
    Reactions: oldmanjj
    Buds Buddy
    Buds Buddy
    The solo cups can get even drier then when it comes from the bag. Sometimes it's even so dry the top part of the soil is hard. It really doesn't matter how dry it gets as long as it doesn't stay dry for days. But I try to keep mine about as moist as it comes from the bag until up-pot time. Then I let it dry almost completely. The drier it is, the easier it is to up-pot without it falling apart.
    I usually water about a shot glass every 3 days till it has 2 sets of leaves. Once it has 2 sets I'll start watering enough to keep the entire cup moist. Some plants may require more than a shot glass ever 3 days. It might be every 2 days once it starts drinking. Depends on the plant & how fast it takes off.
    After a plant has 5 sets of leaves I let the plant tell me when to water. When watered leaves are perky. When they need water they droop or hang limp. When they droop, I water. I know they had a proper dry cycle when the leaves droop. That makes the roots expand & gives you a bigger yield.
    S
    squarewaves
    Thank you, thats incredibly helpful.
    Buds - wondering about the best time to move some autos out of doors in AZ. I'm thinking around the beginning of February? I assume by May/June things are getting too damned hot... I am also assuming that only autos are possible out doors here due to the heat?
    Reactions: Farmer Reading
    Buds Buddy
    Buds Buddy
    I imagine it depends on where you live in AZ. My dad lives out by Sierra Vista & you can grow all summer long there. So places like Payson, Flagstaff, Strawberry, etc. you can grow all summer as 100 F is about the high temp there. But in the Phoenix Desert it gets too hot in mid summer. I'm sure there are some drought tolerant strains that can be grown in higher temps. @The Phantom , I believe does outside AZ. grows. He could give you some good info on this. I stick to indoors as my plants would get stolen. Already had someone try to break into my grow shed. Stepson caught the guy & busted him in the jaw & sent him packing. So I can't even try to grow outdoors where I am. I plan to move someplace more secluded in the next year so maybe I'll get the opportunity then.
    Anyway, if I were to do an Auto outdoors I would want it to finish by the end of May. Figure 8 - 12 weeks for an Auto from start to finish so that puts you at 1st or 2nd week of March to start the plants. That would be my time frame.
    I think you could also do it Sept. - Nov.
    June, July & August .... I wouldn't even try it.
    T
    The Phantom
    I just posted some info on outdoor growing to a thread you had @gratefulredhead.

It's located here.
    gratefulredhead
    gratefulredhead
    Got it. Thinking about starting a new thread. If so, where would it go?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom