‘Bong scare’ in Redding California. yesterday it was a bomb scare lol

thecanasuir

just read it lol i have no comment lol
Incident may be 'bong scare'
Bottle and its contents not yet identified

By Lauren Brooks (Contact)
Originally published 09:26 p.m., February 2, 2007
Updated 09:26 p.m., February 2, 2007

An old-fashioned, medicine-type bottle containing a clear liquid that prompted a bomb squad response in downtown Redding on Thursday may actually be another kind of illegal device.

Sprouting a couple of bent plastic straws that snake through a rubber stopper and are taped to its sides, the bottle apparently resembles a water pipe, or bong, used to smoke marijuana or other narcotics.

"It looks like a homemade smoking device," said John "Bubbles" Marsh, a retail clerk at The Underground on Pine Street, which advertises itself as a rock 'n' roll department store. Marsh was shown a photo of the device taken by a Record Searchlight photographer.

"Yeah, it kind of looks like a homemade piece," Marsh said.

Still, he said, he was not 100 percent certain.

Three ranking Redding police officers contacted Friday night had not seen the device, so they were unable to speculate about its origins, they said. Those who had seen the device Thursday night could not be located for comment.

Re: 'bong scare' in redding california. yesterday it was a bomb scare lol

Hahahaha. News article of my night.

Bomb threats.... Everything is a bomb threat these days.

How could somebody be so clueless?

what i wanna know is how someone from redding california can even recognize a bong!! i mean jeez you live in redding in northern california how do you not know what a bong is? haha

Back
Top Bottom