“Teacher of the Year” Arrested on Drug Charges

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Captain Chad Murray of the Polk County Sheriff’s office says two women, one of them the 2008 Polk County Teacher of the Year, were arrested Tuesday on drug charges.

Arrested were Karen Frances Williams and Debra Richards Constance. Polk County Superintendent, Bill Miller says Constance is a second grade teacher at Tryon Elementary and won teacher of the year. He says he is shocked by the charges and says Constance is a well respected teacher who has been in the district for more than 20 years.

Captain Murray says a package of hashish containing 2 ounces of hashish addressed to Williams and was delivered to their home. He says Constance was at home when the package was delivered. He says marijuana was found in the home after a search.

They are charged with maintaining a dwelling for a controlled substance and possession of intent to sell and deliver marijuana.

Both women have been released on $5000 bond.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: wspa.com
Copyright: 2009 Media General Communications Holdings
Website: &#34Teacher of the Year&#34 Arrested on Drug Charges | WSPA

I can not understand why people think it is a good idea to ship drugs! It seems to never work out and is severe in Punishment, and Very dumb.

Re: "Teacher of the Year" Arrested on Drug Charges

i agree its dumb but...
the purpose of the post is to show that someone who is valuable to the community and otherwise a good citizen is being persecuted for doing something that shouldn't be illegal in the first place.

But the average "uber-conservative church lady"* isn't going to see it like that. They're going to think, "Oh, this is such a terrible stain on this wonderful person's record. They just had to do such an awful thing, being involved with this demon drug. I guess we should have never trusted them in the first place," she says as she pops an oxycontin to control her back pain.

We need to change that. :hippy:

*Yes, I know that I'm using a stereotype. I guarantee that you know people like that, though.

Back
Top Bottom