007's Soil, Cabinet, First Grow

007dank

Hey everyone, this is my first grow but I think I have done enough research to give it a try. Okay, because of my current living sistuation, I have to grow out of a dresser in my garage that I made a false front out of and turned into a dresser/cabinet/mini grow room. The demsions are 26 wide X 39 high.
I plan on growing 2 plants in there, sadly I am not sure exactly what the seeds are, all I know is one of them came from some purple that I had.

Here is what my set up looks like.

First I had to hollow out the dresser, just cut a piece of ply wood the side of the front of the dresser, painted it the matching green and then screwed the drawer fronts on the the ply wood the way it would look if the all the were in.
IMAG02336.jpg

Here is is all lined in these bigass thermal bags I got at dollar tree, and the light is a 2foot sunblaze T5 25w flourescent fixture.
IMAG02396.jpg

I just got the thermostat hooked up too. Its wired into the hot wire on the space heater so when ever the thermostat hits 75 degrees the space heater will kick on and keep warm it back up a little. And I put a wireless thermometer in there too so I can be in my room and still know the girls are nice and warm!
IMAG02435.jpg

I just got done with germination and put them in soil today, I have the lights on a 19/5 timer for when they to pop up. the water ph level is right around 6.3 and its a mix of safeway distilled water and oregon weird tap water.

Nice start. Do you have any plans to add more lights in the future? I like T5s, but (1) 2' fixture won't be enough light for 2 ladies to grow up. You might want to think about adding some more, or add some CFLs. You can get some CFLs from the Hydro store that will produce 2650 lumens per bulb. You're also going to need to get those sprouts closer to the light so they don't stretch so much when they emerge. Honestly offering some advice being that I use T5s as well.

Nice start. Do you have any plans to add more lights in the future? I like T5s, but (1) 2' fixture won't be enough light for 2 ladies to grow up. You might want to think about adding some more, or add some CFLs. You can get some CFLs from the Hydro store that will produce 2650 lumens per bulb. You're also going to need to get those sprouts closer to the light so they don't stretch so much when they emerge. Sorry man. Don't want to rain on your parade. Honestly offering some advice being that I use T5s as well.

you think I will need more vegg lighting? I plan on flowering then and going to 12/12 when they get to about 8"...I will deffinetily move the light closer! thanks kannabiskid!

Absolutely bro. I use the 2' to grow herbs. But to get good growth, I would add more lumens. Guess it really depends on what you want to get out of your harvest. Flouros need to be about 2-3" above the plant, especially when they are starting. If the light is too far up, they will stretch like crazy. Then when flowering you have to expect about twice the growth. Take a look at what my WWM did. Even with 2-5" above the top, it grew right into the light. Click the link in my sig WWM and Freebies. No worries bro, just trying to help you get a better yield. Are you planning on using a HPS for flowering or keep the 2'. If that's a Hydrofarm T5, you can daisy chain them together. You can also get a warm spectrum bulb to fit that.

oh yea, I see, im not trying to make them tall by any means! Here is a pic of the light I have now, does anyone know if there is a warm bulb I can just put in when I want to flower? Im not sure if Im going to do HPS, thats just a little spendy for me...So in the mean time any good cheap alternative for HPS or MH lights would be great!
IMAG02574.jpg

Hey dude! cabinet grow all the way!

Looks smart its better than mine, but have a look anyway.

Im looking at t5's now, whats the heat output in that space?

Cheers

Hey dude! cabinet grow all the way!

Looks smart its better than mine, but have a look anyway.

Im looking at t5's now, whats the heat output in that space?

Cheers

Hey man, I checked out your journal, You definitely fell my pain with the small grow room!...I am new to growing but from what I have read, it is for sure worth it to buy a little T5 light... and for heat I have a home thermostat wired into the hot wire on the space heater so if the thermostat hits 75 degrees the heater kicks on and get air moving around and heat the room up.

oh yea, I see, im not trying to make them tall by any means! Here is a pic of the light I have now, does anyone know if there is a warm bulb I can just put in when I want to flower? Im not sure if Im going to do HPS, thats just a little spendy for me...So in the mean time any good cheap alternative for HPS or MH lights would be great!
IMAG02574.jpg

If she does start getting too tall, just bend her over LST style. As for the warm spetrum T5 bulb, Hydrofarm makes them. I just picked up a couple at my local hydro shop.

Back
Top Bottom