1:1 ratio THC/CBD cannabis oil

Roughly,yes- won't be an exact 50/50 split, but it'll be close enough.
Welcome to 420, Buddi :welcome:

Did you buy the buds from a dispensary that had it analyzed? How do you know the exact percentage of each?

Also, you would need to test your oil of each afterward to know how much of the material properly decarbed and how much you are able to extract into the oil.

Did you buy the buds from a dispensary that had it analyzed? How do you know the exact percentage of each?

Also, you would need to test your oil of each afterward to know how much of the material properly decarbed and how much you are able to extract into the oil.
Didn't buy the buds from dispensary, bought seeds from a seedbank with %'s of THC and CBD...guess I'll just enjoy the cookies myself....grew it right...decarbed properly...lost 1/4 cup when infusing in a slowcooker. so 4 cups in the olive oil minus the 1/4 (loss)...so I hope using the quick math in my head...I can't use common sense (I just had 4 cookies...wow....maybe I'd better just have a couple tomorrow :yummy:

Didn't buy the buds from dispensary, bought seeds from a seedbank with %'s of THC and CBD...guess I'll just enjoy the cookies myself....grew it right...decarbed properly...lost 1/4 cup when infusing in a slowcooker. so 4 cups in the olive oil minus the 1/4 (loss)...so I hope using the quick math in my head...I can't use common sense (I just had 4 cookies...wow....maybe I'd better just have a couple tomorrow :yummy:
Haaa haaaa...that's the joy of making our own goodies sometimes. You just never know what you're going to get. I have been hit HARD a couple times with my oils and it was not pleasant! :nervous-guy: :rip: Other times I was just sitting around waiting for it to kick in and have barely any effect. I didn't like the inconsistent results.

Yeah, I haven't grown any buds good enough to compare to the breeder's seed percentages. I was just thinking that if you bought some buds where it was already analyzed, then you would have a better estimate. I'm guessing my plants were considerably less potent than possible last year. Crappy growing season. So who knows how strong it is. So you'll never actually know what your oil ratio is, unless each oil is tested.

I haven't tried it yet but I was going to see if the at home flower test kits would be accurate. It would be great to do a tCheck test on a specific plant and then send it in for lab analysis. Compare the results and see if it is worth the expense and effort of doing that. I got myself a tCheck a while back. I have only used it for measuring the potency of oils and butters. I have not sent in an infused oil for testing to compare the results though. That is on my list...eventually.

My goal is to create a 1:1 oil capsule. Something I can start taking regularly. I am also working on stronger CBD ratios. I would really like to introduce my step-father and mother to the world of CBD. I have very little harvest (and not that good anyway) from some CBD plants I grew last year. I need get MUCH better with my growing so that I can have great harvests consistently. I think then I would feel better about estimating the potency.

Haaa haaaa...that's the joy of making our own goodies sometimes. You just never know what you're going to get. I have been hit HARD a couple times with my oils and it was not pleasant! :nervous-guy: :rip: Other times I was just sitting around waiting for it to kick in and have barely any effect. I didn't like the inconsistent results.

Yeah, I haven't grown any buds good enough to compare to the breeder's seed percentages. I was just thinking that if you bought some buds where it was already analyzed, then you would have a better estimate. I'm guessing my plants were considerably less potent than possible last year. Crappy growing season. So who knows how strong it is. So you'll never actually know what your oil ratio is, unless each oil is tested.

I haven't tried it yet but I was going to see if the at home flower test kits would be accurate. It would be great to do a tCheck test on a specific plant and then send it in for lab analysis. Compare the results and see if it is worth the expense and effort of doing that. I got myself a tCheck a while back. I have only used it for measuring the potency of oils and butters. I have not sent in an infused oil for testing to compare the results though. That is on my list...eventually.

My goal is to create a 1:1 oil capsule. Something I can start taking regularly. I am also working on stronger CBD ratios. I would really like to introduce my step-father and mother to the world of CBD. I have very little harvest (and not that good anyway) from some CBD plants I grew last year. I need get MUCH better with my growing so that I can have great harvests consistently. I think then I would feel better about estimating the potency.
I'm an outdoor organic greenhouse gardener...I found that the finishing time of my plants was 3-4 weeks longer than the seedbanks "estimate"?...I use the greenhouse to help avoid excess moisture...first couple of frosts really help the plant mature.As far as the potency check of my infused oil ...I use the "headtest"! lol

Back
Top Bottom