1/2 gal pot - 4 days since watered - Droopy plant - Thoughts?

BillyBud420

Over the past two days my plant leaves have started to droop significantly.

I am in a half gallon pot. Plant is 18days old and has been fed twice at quarter strength.
. (Using Promix). 4 days ago, fed and watered until significant runoff

The pot still has some weight to it but is getting light for sure.. (My understanding is that it should be close to the same weight as my test pot which is the same size pot just with dry Promix in it). I don't want to overwater them.

Temps at the leaves are around 76f ...50 Rh ....

Thanks for any help!

image35063.jpg

Can you raise the light. The plants can get the leaf curl there from both heat and too intense of light. The weight thing is okay to use until the plant has some mass and it will be heavier.

Over and under water show drooping...but you probably are not under. Pot is too small and if you have more soil then it is easier to control this. 1/3 of the plant is roots. It is hard to get the above ground plant larger than 2/3rds the total mass. Not impossible just you need to know some stuff.

I would add12 inches between the light and plant and up the fan speed and see what happens. After it cools, bit maybe mist with just straight H2O.

Thanks for the reply! I moved the light up further...but my temps were pretty good, so I am seriously confused if it is heat stress.

Could it be a lack of nutrients? The plant has only had two small feelings and Promix is a soilless medium with next to no organic nutrients.

I

Sent from my iPad using 420

We will get you there bro...one thing at a time...baby steps. Lets start with good nutrition and exercise not chemo.

Give it a few hours then spray it down.

I suspect maybe you are root bound and need to up the pot.

Root bound can happen without the roots using it all up. Root bound simply means they are not growing anymore which can happen for a lot of reasons not just space.

Root bound can happen without the roots using it all up. Root bound simply means they are not growing anymore which can happen for a lot of reasons not just space.
Thanks for you help bro.

I think I figured it out!

This is totally weird... I have a 150 HPS running and the other day realized I had an old table top herb garden thing...which had 2 26w cfls. I figured I would put it in the tent just to extend the light spectrum a bit...here it is:
image35069.jpg

I didn't think it would have any impact....it was a good 10 inches off to the side.
I took it out an hour and a half ago, and the plant started to recover immediately. Check this pic... small change but impressive since its been less than 2 hours.
image35068.jpg

Also, I can actually see the line in the soil where it looks like the cfls 'bleached' the top of the Promix....the shadowed soil was normal, the stuff in the light was a paler brown...

I seriously thought that with a light of that intensity would have zero impact...but clearly it did! Ever heard of anything like this?

Weird shit,

Sorry I been drinking tonight. A little sarcasm... I am a bit of a smart ass.

Yes I have seen this. In the worst case it can cause your grow to turn hermi.

Heat is just one of many variables. Artificial light can be too intense.

Start a journal...pm me...and we will get you some good smoke.

Sorry I been drinking tonight. A little sarcasm... I am a bit of a smart ass.

Yes I have seen this. In the worst case it can cause your grow to turn hermi.

Heat is just one of many variables. Artificial light can be too intense.

Start a journal...pm me...and we will get you some good smoke.

Gotcha! Thanks again for your help! I appreciate you taking the time.

Well, here is an update.

LAST NIGHTs photo:
image35068.jpg

THIS MORNING:

image18710.jpg
image18711.jpg

The plant was totally leaned over at the stalk and continues to droop. It actually feels loose in the soil.
So, what to do next? I was going to check if it was root bound but the Promix is so dry that I can't upturn the pot. The pot is still slightly heavier than my test pot....but I think I need to water it. (I am really trying to make sure I don't overwater) It has been just short of 5 days since I watered it last...Here are a few scenarios...I am using RO water.

SITUATION A - The Plant is Just Thirsty
- give it a thorough watering with RO at PH 6.0 until I get 20% runoff

SITUATION B - Plant is Thirsty and Hungry
-I've only fed the plant twice in its lifecycle (at 1/2 and the 1/4 strength). That's twice in 19 days...The leaves are still quite green so I don't think it is underfed but since I am using Promix, I feel that it isn't getting the recommended doses. In this case, I would feed/water at 1/2 strength.

Any thoughts? My light is a foot away and temps all around are in the mid 70s.

Thanks all!

It doesn't look to hungry. Give it some water.

Actually the food for a plant comes from your light. The nutes are their to make it so the plant can convert that light into sugars and stuff. The nutes are like the bacteria in your gut. They make it so you can absorb food. The nutes make it so the plant can work...but it doesn't take a lot and it is better to bring back a "hungry" plant that has been living off its leaves than a stunted girl.

Did you mist it after the change like I recommended?

a second thread? guess you get more opinions that way.

Sunburned leaves will droop. It is what they do. Once the plant has strong healthy fan leaves to replace them, these will be discarded. Bet ya. Revel in the fact that you have solved your issues and the new growth looks strong. Stay the course, you are on the way to recovery, but make no mistake that errors early on will have consequences... there is no way to avoid it. The droop and the crinkled look... precursors of what is inevitably going to come. Don't let it stress you out. Look at that vertical lift of the new growth!

a second thread? guess you get more opinions that way.

Sunburned leaves will droop. It is what they do. Once the plant has strong healthy fan leaves to replace them, these will be discarded. Bet ya. Revel in the fact that you have solved your issues and the new growth looks strong. Stay the course, you are on the way to recovery, but make no mistake that errors early on will have consequences... there is no way to avoid it. The droop and the crinkled look... precursors of what is inevitably going to come. Don't let it stress you out. Look at that vertical lift of the new growth!

Thanks again! I had started this thread yesterday when the issue originally started but decided to move the convo to my grow journal.

I will update in my journal later tonight when the lights come back on!

Sent from my iPad using 420

Back
Top Bottom