1 out of 8 seedlings drooping, purple stem, what am I looking at

Untchbl

Folks......

This is my first grow, I'm decently researched.... These are all about 2 full weeks above ground now. Temps are high 60's at night and normally high 70's with 82-83 being the max during the day. RH is not being controlled properly and I will be fixing that soon. Normally they are mid 40's and low 40's high 30's during the day. All plants under a 315 CMH. Happy Frog with only RO water. Watered yesterday, everyone is happy with the exception of this 1 fella.

What am I looking at? Purple stem, strange cotyledons (some of the others are staring to turn yellow which leads me to believe it's time to start feeding something) Under sides of the single fan leafs are turning purple as well.... DROOOOOPY!!!!!!

IMG_3330 2.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

dont be afraid of run off,
those are crazy dry mon ami

One thing you can do is pick them up when they are dry like that and after you have watered them with run off. The weight will be different and you should be able to tell when they need water by the weight of the pots. Doesn't really work with later in the grow when they are in bigger pots but for seedlings it is one way you can keep track of when they need water. Dirt looks too dry. Might have to water them daily but water with run off and see how they are tomorrow. Purple stem is probably from the genetics and they should turn green later in the grow. Nothing really to be worried about now.

Thank you all! Watered them all last night and they perked right back up.

I do suspect that I have a little too much air flow from the fan I have in the inlet. I’m ordering a larger exhaust fan today so I can get away with closing the tent and having a passive intake instead of the fan pushing air in.

Getting the watering right has proven to be the trickiest part of this new hobby.

Read this, and thank her

Back
Top Bottom