1 Tent - 2 Lights - 2 Plants - Alcopulco Gold & Lemon Skunk In Soil

Stltoed

So to be honest, this grow only has a few weeks left. I was busy with another thread, and these two were never discussed. Now they are looking better and I'd like to share them.

I usually grow in RDWC. My last two plants did almost 27oz. So that's where my intrest was a month ago.

I'm using a Spectrum King 400 and a light from a manufacturer I'm not supposed to talk about. Let's just say it's purple and about 300watts. This light is getting the sides as I turn the plants.

The plants are not trained other than topping. The skunk plant is a clone from the plant that did over a pound in hydro. The Alcopulco Gold plant has an older sister in the closet of my grow room. It' in flush right now. Just a couple days left.

Alcopulco Gold is a very interesting strain. I haven't seen a huge yield, but the plant in the closet has the hardest buds I've ever seen and it smells, to me, like rootbeer bottlcaps. I can'

So to be honest, this grow only has a few weeks left. I was busy with another thread, and these two were never discussed. Now they are looking better and I'd like to share them.

I usually grow in RDWC. My last two plants did almost 27oz. So that's where my intrest was a month ago.

I'm using a Spectrum King 400 and a light from a manufacturer I'm not supposed to talk about. Let's just say it's purple and about 300watts. This light is getting the sides as I turn the plants.

The plants are not trained other than topping. The skunk plant is a clone from the plant that did over a pound in hydro. The Alcopulco Gold plant has an older sister in the closet of my grow room. It' in flush right now. Just a couple days left.

Alcopulco Gold is a very interesting strain. I haven't seen a huge yield, but the plant in the closet has the hardest buds I've ever seen and it smells, to me, like rootbeer bottlcaps. I can't wait till it's cured. I REALLY HATE HOW THIS FORUM DOES A BACKLFLIP EVERYTIME I HIT A HYPHEN. I hit post on accident.

The plant on the right is L Skunk.

This is kind of a funny story. I went to Oaseeds and bought Lemon Skunk from DNA. Got them in and after flower it was obvious they were 2 completely different plants. One grew tons of kush tops and smelled like strawberries. The other grew long thick kolas. The kola plant smelled like skunk a little, but no lemons. To be completely honest I'm not sure what I have. I was looking for a light green citrus skunk like I could get in high school. But no. in the pic you can see them in my hydro rig.

Nice, I love the big colas you get with hydro. Sometimes I wonder about these seed banks, are we really getting what we ordered or are they just sending what they want us to have lol? I'm looking for a good sativa to grow out. Something strong with a good head high. I growed a Skunk Diesel from GYO on my last run, it was good but I'm looking for something a little stronger lol.✌️

I'm with you on the seedbank thoughts. I CLEARLY did not get what I asked for. Scrogdawg called them Strawberry Bastard collectively, but whatever it is, i feel like a fool for complaining about it. 27oz for two plants is a personal best.

As for sativas I was discussing this with some dude on RIU. He was talking about King Tut. Its actually called Tutankhamon, or how ever you spell that. It looks amazing on paper. so im growing it next. Take a look at it.... from Pyramid seeds

I'm with you on the seedbank thoughts. I CLEARLY did not get what I asked for. Scrogdawg called them Strawberry Bastard collectively, but whatever it is, i feel like a fool for complaining about it. 27oz for two plants is a personal best.

As for sativas I was discussing this with some dude on RIU. He was talking about King Tut. Its actually called Tutankhamon, or how ever you spell that. It looks amazing on paper. so im growing it next. Take a look at it.... from Pyramid seeds
27oz is great out of two plants. I will go check that Tutankhamon out. I want to find a few strains I really like and make a few mother's so I can run clones for a while.✌️

27oz is great out of two plants. I will go check that Tutankhamon out. I want to find a few strains I really like and make a few mother's so I can run clones for a while.✌️

Thanks. I'm looking forward to comparing the skunk in hydro to the clone in soil. The hydro plant was much larger in every way. The stalk was easily 3 times larger in hydro. The leaf count was much much higher, defoliation was manditory. The over all weight was 16.2oz But the buds weren't very solid. They were big and smoked well, even without a proper cure, but the plant in soil has a better quality bud. Higher trichomes, much more solid buds. I'll take a few oz. of great bud over a pound good bud. I guess we'll just have to see. Kinda fun, hydro versus soil, with a clone and mother, same nutes, but vastly different lighting

Yeah I was growing in soil. I done three runs in soil and the bud was great but TBH I can't tell much of a difference at all to coco grown plants but maybe my soil wasn't the best. I think Im going to do a side by side on my next run soil vs coco. You can tell more about it if you run them side by side. I will take clones off the same plant, both will go in 3 gallon fabric pot. It will be interesting to compare.✌️

My last grow was the first in soil, I've always done RDWC. That plant did 9oz, and left me wondering if hydro was worth it. I've never done coco. Heard lots about it.

Here are some pictures from this evening. One plant is getting over a calcium issue the other just got some Koolbloom dry and it's working the leaves. The Alcopulco Gold plant has much smaller buds, but they are super hard. This plant won't do much in yield, but if the smell and bud quality is any judge this one will give something special

Here is a shot of the AP plant about to be harvested

The Koolbloom is really working this plant

I pulled a couple little branches off l
and set them in a glass of water for a couple days. I snipped off the lowest stuff beforehand and it's been drying. I smoked some Not even close to dry, and it had a funky fruity taste. I'm thinking a good cure would work wonders on this stuff

It's been long enough I think, or I'm just bored. Here is the Alcopulco Gold from the shed. Very tight buds. The weight of it wet was 27oz. so dried it's probably gonna do about 5 oz when finished... we'll see. I really cant wait. Of all the plants I grew this season this one is the most interesting to me

So the total weight dry was 7oz. I was surprised.

The 2 plants in the tent are still showing tons of new pistils. The skunk plant is really stinky. I should have considered that when I started this grow in my attached garage. My office is really stanky right now. Buds are covered in trichomes on this one. The Alcopulco Gold plant is doing ok. Nothing spectacular. The one I just pulled put out more than this thing ever will. Pictures some other time. It's lights out right now. Cheers

Here are a couple pictures. The Lemon Skunk kolas need support. I wish I could take a nice tall picture of this plant, but it never loads correctly with the ridiculous way this fucking website treats pictures... anyway the buds are big, dense, and covered with trichomes. The Koolbloom dry is working the leaves. Most of the fan leaves on the skunk plant are gone.

The Alcopulco Gold plant isn't a high yield plant, but the quality of the bud is where this strain really shines. A very unusual smell is something to look forward to. Not so much when you walk in the room, but touch a bud and you will see what I mean. The pistils are really small. The leaves are small, even the bids are small, but the density of the buds is like nothing I've ever seen. The buds are actually hard. My first AG plant did pretty well. Smoking it in a bong as soon as it dried was a little harsh, but i think a fee weeks of cure will chill that out. The taste is as unusual as the smell. Sweet, with a taste of flat cola... that's the only thing I can think of to describe it.

Still getting new pistils on both plants. Maybe a week or so.

Looking good, Lemon Skunk is one I definitely want to grow. Seems like everytime I make a seed order I forget about it lol. I get to looking at the different strains and it's hard to remember all of them. I will remember to pick some up one of these days lol.✌️

To be quite honest, i dont think i can recommend Lemon Skunk from DNA Genetics. The mother of this plant yielded over a pound, but it didn't show any of the phenotypes I expected. Smell wasn't very skunky and I didn't see any lemon taste at all. The smell is stronger with this one, but maybe it's just because is in my garage. There is another LS strain out there by Greenhouse Seeds, but it doesn't usually review as well.

I was like that when I used to walk into a music store. The second I hit the door my target picks would leave my head, and i would end up going through the whole damn place

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom