1 week. No roots?

NACnCO

I put cuttings in my super duper Turbo Klone on Tuesday through Thursday morning. Straight PH'd water, no chems. I set it and forgot it. The tops look great and are even growing. The bottoms, not so much. No roots. Am I being impatient? Do plant tops take longer to root than side cuttings? Any thoughts?
The center cuts are tops and are older than the outside cuttings.
DSC026783.JPG

What's your timer set on your sprayers? Some strains root faster than others. I always use tap water for my clones. No need to ph your water when you are trying to promote root growth.

I really like the idea of a repeat cycle timer. It feels like it makes sense. I'm starting to get the curling that This Poster experienced. I have increased the humidity and cut down on the amount of light. I don't know what else to do except to add a solution and a timer.

Ok, I found a repeat cycle timer. It has renewed my dislike of analog. But, I've got it plugged in. I've checked the times to make sure the on/off periods are acceptable. I did not add anything to the water. I did pop the spray jets off and clear the clogs out. This is what the cuttings looked like just before I added the RCT.

When The RCT Was Added 1
When The RCT Was Added 2
A Few Roots Started After 1 Week The outside stems are a few days younger than the center stems. The center stems are mostly Tops.

Let's see what happens. :wood:

Seems like you got it figured out but if you still don't have roots in a few more days its definably your water temp it should be between 70-80*
Anything above or below will Stunt Root Growth!
Good Luck My Friend:thumb:

Ok, I'm old & my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, but aren't there several clones in the picture that are starting to sprout small roots? If those were my clones I'd be feeling pretty good about things, especially since the tops are healthy!

And, since it's been six days since you originally posted, I'll bet you're feeling pretty good about now too, eh?

Good luck!

Yes some of those have roots unless my younger eyes are lying to me lol if I'm not mistaken I counted atleast 19 with some type of roots developing...They look good to me bro and that's a good time sometimes it takes twice as long

Okay, maybe I was impatient. Or maybe the changes I made made a difference. :thumb:

DSC027114.JPG

DSC027192.JPG

I'm going to put some of them in dirt tonight.

My water temp is around 68.5 to 70. Thanks for the input from all of you.

:thanks:

I have an EZ Cloner and keep Ph at 6.1 with temps around 65 and always get roots in 5 days but do not water plants before cutting the clone, and after placing in cloner leave dark for at least 2 hrs. This method has produced roots in as liitle as 2 days but some strains will take 5-6 days.
Good Job!!

i am interested, what is it that you changed around that you think may have made a difference?

Maybe nothing.

I changed the lights: I had the cloner inches under 4 fluorescent lights. I took three of them out, but left the light on 24/7.
I added a interval timer: 5 off/1 on.

Certainly the root growth will be more visible the 2nd week. So, maybe nothing but time made a difference. I probably won't be able to tell anything until after a few more rounds of cuttings. And even then I probably won't be sure. I'm beginning to understand that growing is an art, not a science.

LOL,this one was funny. All them cloneators aerocloners.and all that fancy stuff.
I just clip,dip,and forget straight into dirt. No rockwool nothing.Clonex and dirt thats what I use and yes it takes a little bit longer, so it did'nt cost crap and and and I have a real good success rate 98.5%. The ones that died was my fault. I'm an ogar. But here
what dirt an clonex does for me
Next_Grow.JPG

You guys should see them now it's a jungle in there.

goddamn that is sweet you just change my mind.with my box and you aerocloner shit there is no limit.show me how you did it and what you need and I will do the same on my box Im not saying build it just like it but I like to use my own spin on stuff. I call it new an improved LOL no serious I like it and would love to build one. I have a Home Recycling Store here that I use alot on my builds.:peace: and REAL NICE WORK
I just look at my pic I showed you well heres what they look like now.
Veggin3.JPG
Bent_over.JPG

Mine are'nt bad for a rookie.But man with your aerocloner sweet

All roads lead to Rome, whatever road we take is great!! I grow both dirt and hydro but with a dialed system and EZ Cloner there sometimes explosive roots in 2 days. You cant get that in dirt, or rockwool. No humidity tent, spray, nothing, I cut the Plant at a set time, set the cutting in foam holder and forget it. But I will say letting new cuttings stay dark for two hours has helped me tremendously. Along with my earlier Post I stand behind any system as just having a system is going to improve whatever one sets their mind to.
My Motto is: If you Fail to Plan, you Plan to Fail.

Back
Top Bottom