1 week old - Slow growth?

Cab198

medium: coco/perlite 2/3 1/3
nutrient: 1/4 maxibloom (lucas formula)
ph water: 5.8
When the soil is wet i dont feed.

One of the plants i sliced the leaf cause the seed was stuck... What do you think? The growth is very very slow.
20171227_225229.jpg
20171227_225057.jpg
20171227_225006.jpg

did you rinse or condition the coco in any way ?

what sort coco is it? some can be "precharged" .

i keep reading about this lucas formula ... but how about the manufacturer of the nutes formula... if you trusted them with the nutes you trust some guru with a magic formula? and from what i've red till now it's more of a bloom formula than veg -seedling one.

do you water till run-off? at least once so you measure the runoff ph?

well I have more questions than answers so not much of a help :)

did you rinse or condition the coco in any way ?
not really, thought when I water it will rinse by itself

what sort coco is it? some can be "precharged" .
Precharged yes

do you water till run-off? at least once so you measure the runoff ph?
I checked my water that I've threaded with vinegar. And the ph was 7+. And the runoff was in the 7. I rinsed the whole soil with ph 5.4. From now on I'll check the ph of the water first. I was shocked. Think that's the reason they are not doing good.

not really, thought when I water it will rinse by itself
no, it will not , maybe if you feed till runoff every day , but will take some time

Precharged yes
this could be part of the problem.

I checked my water that I've threaded with vinegar. And the ph was 7+. And the runoff was in the 7. I rinsed the whole soil with ph 5.4. From now on I'll check the ph of the water first. I was shocked. Think that's the reason they are not doing good.

you're using the term soil ... coco is not soil , I did the same mistake , treat it like soil and your plants will eventually die or yield nothing.

I tried to use vinegar myself , it's a weak acid and the ph of the nute solution will revert to it's original ph faster (a few hours instead of 1-2 days)

get some ph- formulated for VEG. (in bloom you should use phosphoric acid)

I understand people on internet have various opinions and results and most like to share them regardless of facts or truth value , but please believe me , never let the coco dry and feed till runoff every time , do this and you will never get most of the problems other people get .

i keep reading about this lucas formula ... but how about the manufacturer of the nutes formula... if you trusted them with the nutes you trust some guru with a magic formula? and from what i've red till now it's more of a bloom formula than veg -seedling one.

I have been using the KISS method for several years now with excellent results - it is basically the Lucas formula in powder form. 7 grams of GH MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water is all you need - no grow and no additives.

These plants are in a 70/30 coco/perlite mix just like the OP's and they were fed 1/4 strength MaxiBloom pH'd at 6.0 every day since they sprouted, and they are one week from sprout.
1_week8.JPG

Here are the same plants at 3 weeks old being fed 1/2 strength MaxiBloom daily.
3_weeks10.JPG

Here are the two females in flower - I yielded a pound off of two plants with only a 5 week veg using only MaxiBloom.
Flower_5_weeks.JPG

I have been using the KISS method for several years now with excellent results - it is basically the Lucas formula in powder form. 7 grams of GH MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water is all you need - no grow and no additives.

this is not helping the OP , it works for you , clearly what he does is not working for him. you've grown beautiful plants nevertheless

and there's no KISS for growing plants if you have absolutely no prior experience , all I did with plants before I started growing mj was eat or smoke them and once I drowned my wife's flowers.

I'll go GH powder route myself once I have most of the GH flora finished. you think it's possible to make a concentrated solution so I can use a feed controller? does GH BM lower the ph? and how much?

this is not helping the OP , it works for you , clearly what he does is not working for him. you've grown beautiful plants nevertheless

and there's no KISS for growing plants if you have absolutely no prior experience , all I did with plants before I started growing mj was eat or smoke them and once I drowned my wife's flowers.

I'll go GH powder route myself once I have most of the GH flora finished. you think it's possible to make a concentrated solution so I can use a feed controller? does GH BM lower the ph? and how much?

I'm not sure how this is not helping the OP? We are using the same coco/perlite mix and the exact same nutrient - he's following the same method that I am. My guess is that he didn't pre-charge the coco, isn't feeding daily to run off and his pH is off - which are probably the reasons for the slow growth.

I disagree that there is no KISS method for growing plants with no prior experience - using only one nutrient from start to finish is as simple as it gets. Many new growers have used the KISS method with great success. 7 grams of GH MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water, pH'd to 6.0 and feed daily to run off - pretty simple for everybody. :blushsmile:

I can't answer your question about a feeder controller because I hand feed and have no experience with it. MaxiBloom does lower the pH depending on your strength of course and the water you are using. At full strength (7 grams) and my tap water, I have to use .75 ml of pH down to get it to 6.0.

> I tried to use vinegar myself , it's a weak acid and the ph of the nute solution will revert to it's original ph faster (a few hours instead of 1-2 days)
> get some ph- formulated for VEG. (in bloom you should use phosphoric acid)
Yeah, vinegar isn't the best solution. Definitely get some pH Down (which contains phosphoric acid BTW).

> you're using the term soil ... coco is not soil , I did the same mistake , treat it like soil and your plants will eventually die or yield nothing.
> please believe me , never let the coco dry and feed till runoff every time , do this and you will never get most of the problems other people get.

Agreed. Coco is in many ways hydroponics with a solid, non-nutritive substrate. You should water coco with weak nutes daily. See the coco grow in my signature for an example with lots of notes.

This video isn't much to look at, but the guy gives good coco growing info.
YouTube

I disagree

well lets do that thing "agree to disagree" .

Definitely get some pH Down (which contains phosphoric acid BTW).

GH PH- is phosphoric acid , other companies have 2 formulas, one for VEG and another for Bloom , mostly nitric acid -veg and phosphoric acid for bloom but I'm looking for alternatives .

BTW sulfuric acid works too.

ffs I almost failed(not organic) chemistry in high-school , now I have to learn it

Thank you, this is inspiring!

> I tried to use vinegar myself , it's a weak acid and the ph of the nute solution will revert to it's original ph faster (a few hours instead of 1-2 days)
> get some ph- formulated for VEG. (in bloom you should use phosphoric acid)
Yeah, vinegar isn't the best solution. Definitely get some pH Down (which contains phosphoric acid BTW).

> you're using the term soil ... coco is not soil , I did the same mistake , treat it like soil and your plants will eventually die or yield nothing.
> please believe me , never let the coco dry and feed till runoff every time , do this and you will never get most of the problems other people get.

Agreed. Coco is in many ways hydroponics with a solid, non-nutritive substrate. You should water coco with weak nutes daily. See the coco grow in my signature for an example with lots of notes.

This will help.

I have never grown a plant a couple of inches tall. I'll learn with mistakes. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom