1 x 600w GE Lucagrow w/ Lumatek Ballast - Ebb and Flow Pvc Pipe

dmt-bee-fight

I have seen similar photos to my set-up but never anything exactly the same. I'm planning to upgrade to a more advanced aeroponic system soon, however until I have the space this thing has a sufficient yield.

What strain is it?
Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Veg
If in Veg... For how long?
One Week
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
hydro
Size of light?
600W
Is it aircooled?
yes
Temp of Room/cab?
23C
PH of res?
6.2ph
Any Pests ?
no
How often are you watering?
change the 120lt Res every 3 weeks, which has 2 filters.
Type and strength of ferts used?
a&b by the professor, superbloom mix and something called Maxx. (x700 ppm950)
Medium?
the clipping started in rock wool which i just put in a pot full of clay balls and made sure the rock wool wasn't exposed to the light..

GROWER_zpsa25eca2f.jpg

I don't have any photos of the build, so i used my advanced Microsoft paint skills to demonstrate what is going on inside the PVC pipe.

1663379006748.png

so basically its an ebb and flow.

the PVC Pipe fills every 15 minutes of the hour. the overflow pipe keeps the water inside the PVC pipe at an exact level.

Once the fifteen minutes is up, all the water inside the pipe drains back into the res via the pump hose.
It is important to place your pump outlet at the very base of your PVC pipe, so it drains every last speck of water.

When your system drains, it also sucks fresh air into the PVC pipe.

yeahhh_zps443c0890.jpg

I have a lumatek 600W ballast with a 600W Lucagrow globe. I have a few friends who run 400W globes in their 600W lumatek ballasts. the manufacturer suggest not doing it, but it works fine if you dial it down.
I had been using a Son-T globe, but the shop where i get a discount run out and I needed one that day.. but I've heard good things about the 600W lucagrow anyways, so we'll see what happens.

the pH is checked and maintained daily with a digital reader, and the nutrient levels checked with a blue lab truncheon.

computer air intake fan, and a larger fan that sucks air into a carbon filter outside of the room... which isn't ideal, but due to space issues i have no choice.

the reservoir has a water pump, a heater, 2 water filters (one circulates the res water and the other pumps air into the res)

anyways that's about it..

thoughts??

also i should add that i use a product which will stunt the upwards growth of the plant. very helpful for small room...

when the plant hits the desired height you add the recommended ammount for your res, for one week.

i always make sure to flush my plants of chemicals in the laters stages of flowering.

Back
Top Bottom