$10,000 to stop MMJ!

ZedRules

Hey ya'll 420 family...I was propositioned by my 82y/o mother that she would fork over $10,000 right now if I would stop using until she is gone.
This just blows my mind...I finally get the family on board and now they want to entice me to stop...what say you???:hmmmm:

Re: $10,000 to stop MMJ!!!

wow... yeah. That is a lot of money to get from her. I would refuse the money and tell her that I was going to quit using mj. But continue to partake on the DL. You cannot change the mind/beliefs of someone who has believed something for 82 years.

Morally, taking the money while continuing to smoke would be wrong. In fact, I question whether taking that kind of money from an old lady is okay anyway. Is she just really wealthy?

Financially, if you are in debt or need the money, I think that if you really thought that you could stop smoking until she died (wow, that just sounds harsh, sorry :( :( ), I would agree to do it.

Thanks for the replys, yeah this is a pickle alright...I love my mother too much to let her think her wayward child would turn her down knowing it bothers her to this degree...and who couldn't use 10G's anyway...it is part of my inheritence up front...sooooo I'm going to do it with a little help from my friends here:cheesygrinsmiley:...that is after I deplete my supply. My wife knows this is tough for me, but I haven't really challanged myself and we all know of brothers & sisters who are in jails w/out MJ...so I'll suck up for the time being as I prefaced it, "I'll do my best, Mom." :smokin:

Have an all night smoke out with some buddies the night before you quit! Not only will you be high as hell for awhile and feel great hanging out, but it will burn you out just a bit to where quitting for will make your body actually feel better and more alert and optimistic. Don't ask me the medical aspects of it, it just works for me.

This is what I have done every time I needed to stop smoking for a week or more over the past year, and it works like a charm. I always feel great during the time I am not smoking, and then when I do blaze up again, it's like being a virgin smoker.

Morally, taking the money while continuing to smoke would be wrong. In fact, I question whether taking that kind of money from an old lady is okay anyway. Is she just really wealthy?

Financially, if you are in debt or need the money, I think that if you really thought that you could stop smoking until she died (wow, that just sounds harsh, sorry :( :( ), I would agree to do it.

Allow me to put forth some undisclosed details: The 10G's actually comes from a fairly well to do aunt who wanted me to have it because I'm on extended medical leave, but put it in my mother's name and she'll hand over the cash to me on conditions previously explained...HERE IS THE RUB...my aunt wouldn't give me the time of day regardless of my medical needs if she knew I was an MMJ patient...my mother has leverage now...very crafty family Huh? :Rasta:

Tell her, hell yeah I'll stop smoking. She did not qualify it by saying vaping as well.

Awe, now that 's pushin' it mate, but thanks for the thought!!! :laughtwo:

And I'm not going to bore her with the details of my withdrawal of MJ, just as Bush won't tell us when the troops are coming home...I will stop for a time probably beginning of August.:smokin:

Let me put it this way man, your mom is 82 years old. Give her the small pleasure of you not smoking pot for the duration of her life. You probably owe her more.
PS: Stick around the boards, though, you would be missed if you left.

what you mean by on board? okay here's if you think she has that kind of money to blow then do this: else don't take her money or just a fraction of the 10Gs. okay you say you quit. take the money TAKE THE MONEY. then you quit as far as she knows. you probly don;t live with her or won't for long so just don't smoke when you're around her. that's all she wants obviously is to spend time with you when you're not stoned! so ask her if she really wants to pay that kind of money and if she's sure then do that.

all things considered Zed you talk about mmj as though it were Gods gift (& it is) to mankind. Are you really willing to give up what you've come to realize is the best meds on earth? How much of an endorphin buzz will you get from that 10K & how long will it last you? A family man on extended med leave could use that kind of money I know & it would be the right thing to do for the family.......

I'm an arbitrator of sorts (actually did real estate arbitration in MN) and think you ought to counter with this to mom....... $5K & you can still do edibles,
it's the win win way bro.......
wavemotion.png

Thanks, I'll take that under consideration...nobody wants me under the influence of MJ in my family except me and my pets (I think). For Almost 2yrs I have battled for the right to safe access and now I feel forced to compromise...ok, I guess mi familia will be pleased...BTW...I may have to go back on those butt ass pills that fuk w/ my head in order to succeed...that and group hugs:laughtwo:

I think if i was me i wouldn't take it. I know its wrong, but in a way, i think i would in the back of my head look forwards to her death just so i could smoke again...

i wouldn't do it for that reason...

This is a moral choice, there is no doubt there...HERE's some reasons why I will give it my best...my dad is gone, and I have lost two brothers to untimely deaths in my past. She is frail and wants to help me, but w/ stipulation and I'll take it. She is simply handing me money my Aunt earmarked for my wife & I and my mom seized the opportunity to manipulate me...:laughtwo: I guess I have it coming for all the times I manipulated her in my youth:smokin:

If it brings her peace and more happiness in her older years, that changes the moral choice just a bit. Of course there are going to be times when you are fiend-ing and wonder just how many years you have left of your dry spell, but that is only human nature. I don't think you would be a bad person if you took the money and agreed to stop smoking for the remainder of her life. If she is willing to front you money in order to make this happen, it obviously is important to her. Good luck with whatever you choose. Either way, as everyone has said, don't stop coming to the forums! You can be a stoner at heart even if you aren't currently a stoner in practice ;)

And I'm not going to bore her with the details of my withdrawal of MJ, just as Bush won't tell us when the troops are coming home...I will stop for a time probably beginning of August.:smokin:

LMAO!

That's quite the conundrum. I would have to give in just to make her happy for her time left.....

This just reminds me of how thankful I am that my mother understands the benefits of MJ.

Zed I wish you luck.

i would rather sit and watch from the side lines, but i would like to put my two sence worth in. (altho i feel i should sit)
being in your shoes.
i would, talk to to her, and tell her every thing. tell her why i smoke, tell her my belifes, then tell my truth. for her, i would stop but give reasons why i cannot quit. then id tell her, i want the money, but i dont want to quit just for your money. i would quit if i felt it would benifit me. but it does not. so im confused. weither or not i smoke pot does not change who i am as a person, nor how i feel about you. so i ask my self do i quit and take your money, start when you go, or be honest and talk to you about it, so we are both ok when you go.
or would you not get thte money if everything was kosher?

you would be suprised at what peeps listen to when they know its almost time to go...

Back
Top Bottom