10 days still waiting

potanna

so guys, 10 days ago i put in soil a seed i bought and still it hasnt grown...
the setup is a 6400 white lamb on 12/12. I dont know why this is happening.
Could it be that i left the seed for 2 weeks in a plastic bag instead of another store place? Any clues?

after the two weeks i put the seed in a wet paper till the root sprouts, but when i put it in soil it didnt grow... this is the problem.

after the two weeks i put the seed in a wet paper till the root sprouts, but when i put it in soil it didnt grow... this is the problem.
Sometimes they just don't grow. Here's how I do it. I put the bean in a cup of water and 24 hours later I tap it with my finger to make it sink. If it doesn't sink I leave it alone for another 24 and try again. Usually they will sink. I watch it until I get a little white showing where the pod is separating. I then take it out of the water and place it between two layers of moist paper towel on a saucer. I check it everyday for growth and dampness, add water as needed. In a few days you should have a tap root about an inch long. Time to plant. Don't touch the tap root with your fingers. I use a pair of tweezers to pick it up by the seed pod. Put it in soil with a little root x or some kind of root hormone. I sprinkle just a little in the hole before I put the tap root down in the hole. I have had a few not sprout. It doest happen

mine did sprouted but when in soil it didnt grow, i checked once if the seed had opened from the other side, where the first leaves come out but it didnt.

i know my english isnt good, but what i am saying is i put the seed in a wt paper, then the root sprouted and the i put it in soil. so now after 10 days in soil it hasnt grown.

i know my english isnt good, but what i am saying is i put the seed in a wt paper, then the root sprouted and the i put it in soil. so now after 10 days in soil it hasnt grown.

Explain exactly what you did with the sprout and what you have right at this moment. Did you bury the shoot, leaving the seed shell/ growth visible? Pictures would help immensely.

In order to serve you better, please read How to Ask for Grow Support :Namaste:

i bought the seed. the seed arrived. i placed it for 2 weeks(i was gone) in a plastic bag, didnt touched it or hurt it in any way. so i came back after 2 weeks, placed the seed in a wet paper for 2-3 days. i checked daily, and then the root sprouted so i put it in soil not too deep, just 2 inches or sth. and then it didnt grow. this is what happened, and i wonder if these seeds from the labs sometimes dont grow even if the root sprouted...

Tell us about the soil??? Once you have a sprout, 99% of time most issues are related to environment; water, soil, light, etc.

Sorry I misunderstood.thought you try to gernminate first in soil.maybe put it too far down on soil. Soil might not been damp enough tap root dried up. And sometimes the seeds just don't go for some reason.cut your loses and move on.i just germinated close to 80 seeds in last few weeks and of the 80, 70 popped with nice roots but for some reason 5 of the 70 that originally looked good just died for some reason when put into soil

Back
Top Bottom