10 Minute DIY Tupperware Bubble Cloner

Put clone in soil and this am all leaves have drooped. Pulled out of soil to see and those four new roots are MIA. Don’t know what happened. Put it back in bubbler. Not giving it much hope. Two in flower in tent. After those have budded, May take a break for a lifetime or two. She gets her smacked from local dispensary. I can make my brownies last.

Put clone in soil and this am all leaves have drooped. Pulled out of soil to see and those four new roots are MIA. Don’t know what happened. Put it back in bubbler. Not giving it much hope. Two in flower in tent. After those have budded, May take a break for a lifetime or two. She gets her smacked from local dispensary. I can make my brownies last.
did you chop each of the leaves in half?

Yes. The white ROOTS are not there. I created a pocket in soil b4
inserting clone. I was gentle. Wetter soil beforehand in cup.

I put it back in bubbler. Some cuttings I took off top of other two tent plants are still alive. I put them in pan that has water and a filter in it. I’m blowing a fan across surface to add moisture to air. Down to 30% rh at times in tent. Heater is set for 60 degrees. Temp is 73. The lights go off and temp goes to mid 60’s

you are somehow making this too hard. Once the plant has roots it no longer is relying on the RH to keep it alive... it can and will suck up what it needs from the roots. I would never fan a struggling clone... that is just removing humidity and stressing the poor thing. When I have even 2 or 3 little roots coming out of the cloner, my plants have always made it, and never wilted. Maybe its your soil... maybe too much light... maybe the fan.... something is wrong.

(day 10, planting day)

Every one of the cuttings now has roots. The project was a total success, 9 out of 9, from tall to short, split at the bottom or not, dunked in rooting compound from 30 seconds to 10 seconds... all will now continue the line.

This concludes the tutorial part of this thread... let us know how your's works!

Here are the pictures: (the one that was so badly wilted last time is in the back, center)

DSCF60532.JPG

DSCF60512.JPG

DSCF60491.JPG

DSCF60501.JPG

DSCF60521.JPG
Does this spill water/wet the tent?

no, of course not, unless you spill it. The bubbler can only send micro bubbles out of the 2 intentionally drilled holes in order to keep the humidity high around the plants, but that does not even wet the table it is sitting on.
I am going to try this. I just ordered my pucks and it looks as if I will be buying my container too as I can't find anything suitable in our tupperware. I already have a pump and glue gun. Great DIY.
The pics looked as if there might be a bit of moisture on the surrounding surfaces.

I am going to try this. I just ordered my pucks and it looks as if I will be buying my container too as I can't find anything suitable in our tupperware. I already have a pump and glue gun. Great DIY.
The pics looked as if there might be a bit of moisture on the surrounding surfaces.
You should have good luck with this one; congrats for deciding to build it. One of the pictures shows a plant that I just about killed in the cloner, and I sprayed it directly with my mister... so yes, in that one picture there were water droplets everywhere. In the other pictures you are just seeing the shiny highly reflective surface of that tupperware lid... no water.

I don’t know Em. Bubbler was putting up a lot of moisture. The two photoperiods are done. I have auto fems going now. Still in kitchen. I do have the large tent up in the grow room. Can’t wait to get the girls growing in there. More heat and humidity is going to be needed in the larger space I’m afraid. Can I use auto fems as clones?

I don’t know Em. Bubbler was putting up a lot of moisture. The two photoperiods are done. I have auto fems going now. Still in kitchen. I do have the large tent up in the grow room. Can’t wait to get the girls growing in there. More heat and humidity is going to be needed in the larger space I’m afraid. Can I use auto fems as clones?
no, you cant clone autos. The clone is genetically the same age as the plant the cutting came from. As soon as it develops roots, it will begin to bloom. At best you will end up with a 4 inch plant with one little bud on it.

Ok. Thanks. I googled the subject matter and found out. Having two plants going at once is enough for my Diminishing gray matter brain can handle at any one time anyway. Hope these two cherry pie’s will be done by May. Guud night.

I plan on copying your Bubble Cloner !
I read the whole thread and have a few questions that I don't think have been answered.
> What and where can I get the black foam plant holding plugs shown?
Someone mention cutting up a pool noodle but if there are pre-made plugs with a taper on the outside that would be ideal.

>What is that root stimulant you used? It looks like a gel that sticks to the cutting while being misted by the popping bubbles.

>And last, can I clone my autoflower plants? JK :p You don't have to answer that for the 3rd or 4th time.:rolleyes:

I'm getting way ahead of myself. I'm still building up my grow room. I'm still trying to figure out getting legal seeds or clones in our great state. I assume I don't need all the 'Stealth Packaging' and such from the seed seller sponsors on this site.
This should be all legal, I would think.

I found those black foam pucks online. It’s been two years ago. Don’t remember where. Google search them I suppose. The small pump I bought locally. The little plastic tub and lid came from Walmart. The tub is clear, and I wondered last night if it was because of the clarity that my cuttings didn’t grow. Roots are covered in soil and need to stay in the dark. The root product is thick, the one I bought. I have foam pucks a plenty. Just pay for shipping. I am in Michigan. Guud luck!!

I found those black foam pucks online. It’s been two years ago. Don’t remember where. Google search them I suppose. The small pump I bought locally. The little plastic tub and lid came from Walmart. The tub is clear, and I wondered last night if it was because of the clarity that my cuttings didn’t grow. Roots are covered in soil and need to stay in the dark. The root product is thick, the one I bought. I have foam pucks a plenty. Just pay for shipping. I am in Michigan. Guud luck!!
I plan on copying your Bubble Cloner !
I read the whole thread and have a few questions that I don't think have been answered.
> What and where can I get the black foam plant holding plugs shown?
Someone mention cutting up a pool noodle but if there are pre-made plugs with a taper on the outside that would be ideal.

>What is that root stimulant you used? It looks like a gel that sticks to the cutting while being misted by the popping bubbles.

>And last, can I clone my autoflower plants? JK :p You don't have to answer that for the 3rd or 4th time.:rolleyes:

I'm getting way ahead of myself. I'm still building up my grow room. I'm still trying to figure out getting legal seeds or clones in our great state. I assume I don't need all the 'Stealth Packaging' and such from the seed seller sponsors on this site.
This should be all legal, I would think.
You have probably solved the mystery. I got a red container from walmart and it wasn't dark enough, so I put duct tape all around to darken it up. Roots do not like light. The pucks were purchased off of Amazon as well as the airstone. The pump also came from walmart 700gph, and was originally purchased to create actively aerated compost teas when I was using the TLO method. The gel that I used is called Clonex, and it again was purchased at Amazon. Seeds are still a problem and I suggest stealth, because even where it is legal to grow with the proper license, it is still not legal to receive seeds via the mail. Laws are funny... in Europe you can trade seeds via mail as collectors items all over the place, but you can not legally plant them.

Back
Top Bottom